The current production version of FreeBASIC is 0.90.1.
- FreeBASIC-0.90.1-win32.exe: Windows Installer.
- FreeBASIC-0.90.1-win32.zip (or as .7z): FB in a Zip Archive - can be extracted anywhere.
- fbc-0.90.1-mingw32.zip (or as .7z): fbc for installation into a MinGW tree, like a MinGW.org package. Built for the MinGW.org toolchain.
- Windows Libraries: third-party libraries used by many of the headers and examples.
- Windows Add-ons: additional programs used for cross-compiling or compiling with gcc. (Note: cross-compiling will require the lib subfolder from that platform's FreeBASIC installation.)
- FreeBASIC-0.90.1-linux.tar.gz (or as .tar.xz): FB in a .tar.gz - can be extracted anywhere. Run sudo ./install.sh -i to install into /usr/local. Built on OpenSUSE; should work on all current distros.
- Linux Libraries: third-party libraries used by many of the headers and examples.
- FreeBASIC-0.90.1-dos.zip: FB for DOS. (beware of long filenames on some examples)
- fbc0901b.zip: fbc for installation into a DJGPP tree, like a DJGPP package.
- DOS Libraries: third-party libraries used by many of the headers and examples.
- DOS Add-ons: additional programs used for compiling with gcc.
- FB-manual-0.90.1-chm.zip: The FB manual CHM.
- FB-manual-0.90.1-fbhelp.zip: For the fbhelp program (QB-like help viewer).
- FB-manual-0.90.1-html.zip: HTML, with 00index.html start page, useful as offline documentation when there is no CHM viewer.
- FB-manual-0.90.1-txt.zip: For printing to paper.
Development Environments (Third-party)
- FBedit - Written in FreeBASIC, Windows only.
- FBide - One of the first IDEs for FreeBASIC
- Geany - Cross Platform IDE with support for FreeBASIC
All the downloads are hosted over at SourceForge.