- many bug fixes (70+) changelog.txt
- improvements to existing features like BYREF variables and CONST qualifiers.
- new 2D render options through OpenGL on Windows and Linux
- dynamic link libraries on DOS
- multi-threading on DOS (experimental)
- changes to standardize name mangling (how compiled code works together with libraries, often from other languages). Some binaries (libraries) may have to be recompiled from source to work properly.
To avoid losing any custom changes to your FB installation, it is recommended to make a backup of your current installation before replacing it with a newer package.
Thanks for downloading!
- FreeBASIC-1.06.0-win32.exe (installer) | .zip archive | .7z archive - 32bit version
- FreeBASIC-1.06.0-win64.zip | .7z archive - 64bit version
- FreeBASIC-1.06.0-win32-mingworg.zip | .7z archive - alternative to the normal FB-win32 package, may work better for older Win32 systems
- gcc-5.2.0-for-FB-win32-gengcc.zip - 32bit gcc for the FB-win32 package, in case you want to use -gen gcc.
- fbc-1.06.0-win32.zip | .7z archive - to be extracted into existing 32bit MinGW-w64 toolchain
- fbc-1.06.0-win64.zip | .7z archive - to be extracted into existing 64bit MinGW-w64 toolchain
- The MinGW-w64 toolchains used for the main win32/win64 builds can be found here:
- FreeBASIC-1.06.0-linux-x86.tar.gz | .tar.xz archive - 32bit x86 version
- FreeBASIC-1.06.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz | .tar.xz archive - 64bit x86_64 version
- Run sudo ./install.sh -i to install into /usr/local, if wanted.
- FB-manual-1.06.0-html.zip - Offline HTML pages (start at 00index.html)
- FB-manual-1.06.0-fbhelp.zip - For the fbhelp program (QB-like help viewer)
- FB-manual-1.06.0-txt.zip - As one .txt file, for printing to paper
- .tar.gz | .tar.xz | .zip | .7z
You can always find the latest FB source code in the fbc Git repository:
and all the FB downloads can also be found at SourceForge.