simple games

Game development specific discussions.
MrSwiss

Re: simple games

Post by MrSwiss »

BasicCoder2 wrote:And far beyond what I use. I honestly find the advanced coding techniques most of the posters post now as unreadable.
This is exactly, what is nowadays required, IMHO!
That is only because, you've successfully avoided, to stay with developments, which in
turn implies, you just don't want to understand, what "I am trying, to get across"!
MrSwiss: previous post! wrote:If you, instead of switching "languages" whenever you hit some resistance, would have stayed
with FB, and worked the problems out ... (and, advanced yourself, in the process!).
You preferred to switch languages, instead of "keeping up" with FB (your choice, OK by me).
MrSwiss: previous post! wrote:(IMHO, just a tactical choice, that didn't work out, in the long run!)
Why now, are you not prepared, to take the consequences of your actions, like a man?
Last edited by MrSwiss on Mar 07, 2018 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

duplicate, sorry (can't be deleted, apparently ...)
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

MrSwiss wrote: you just don't want to understand, what "I am trying, to get across"!
More a case of I am not motivated to understand when what I already knew was working for me. My robot worked fine with the "old fashioned" coding and using the more modern techniques would not have made it work any better.
Why now, are you not prepared, to take the consequences of your actions, like a man?
The consequences being?
I liked FreeBASIC because it was a simple easy language to learn and use compared with C++ and Java. Using your logic I should have stuck with those languages until I became competent in using all the higher level concepts and abstractions of those languages.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

BasicCoder2 wrote:My robot worked fine with the "old fashioned" coding and using the more modern techniques would not have made it work any better.
Sorry mate, you are (currently, at least) not in the position, to proof that statement (either way)!
It's just: blah, blah ... until its proofed, at least.
BasicCoder2 wrote:I liked FreeBASIC because it was a simple easy language to learn and use ...
Well, that is exactly not true, any longer! (as you've stated yourself!)
Whether you like it, or not, get that through that thick skull, of yours! Happens to be fact.
BasicCoder2 wrote:The consequences being?
Simple: keep that oldfashioned code, to yourself!
Alternative: get used to modern FreeBASIC coding! (you won't, I'm quite certain, of that!)
grindstone

Post by grindstone »

MrSwiss wrote: BasicCoder2 wrote:
And far beyond what I use. I honestly find the advanced coding techniques most of the posters post now as unreadable.

Excuse me for disturbing your dispute, but, MrSwiss, do you really say that nowadays it's required to post unreadable code? <grin>
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

grindstone wrote:
MrSwiss wrote: BasicCoder2 wrote:
And far beyond what I use. I honestly find the advanced coding techniques most of the posters post now as unreadable.

Excuse me for disturbing your dispute, but, MrSwiss, do you really say that nowadays it's required to post unreadable code? <grin>
The advanced coding techniqes, are required, not BasicCoder2's view of them (unreadable).
I personally find them, in most cases "very readable". There are, as always exceptions ...
You seem to like it, to *misunderstand* on purpose.
grindstone

Post by grindstone »

MrSwiss wrote:You seem to like it, to *misunderstand* on purpose.
You got it. :-D