Observations.

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
dodicat

Observations.

Post by dodicat »

I see that MrSwiss has been banished.
9 years and 3910 posts.
I note that his last post was apologising to the moderators-- bad move MrSwiss with this motley bunch.
I contact Albert now and then by email, he asked me to put a good word in for him in the forum so he could re join, but he has more chance of being struck by lightning I reckon with this crew.
Albert has 15 years and 6000 posts.
I was a bit tetchy with adeyblue a few weeks ago (clipboard stuff), but now I kick myself for it, looking at his posts now, it was his particular sense of humour.
What is that old song-God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.
This used to be a great forum with lots of crazy people, I wonder why they have all gone?
MrSwiss and deltarho[] have been bickering for years, they have been neither civil or polite with each other for ages, was it just a matter of who got the boot in first?
Maybe I am next for the order of the boot, who knows? and who cares.
This lot of moderators are a hateful bunch, they obviously, individually, have not been around this weird and wonderful world very much-- looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKpQRjj_WbU
fxm

Re: Observations.

Post by fxm »

@dodicat,
please moderate at least the last sentence of your post (if possible).
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

The last sentence is a song which you should all heed.
grindstone

Post by grindstone »

I consider it a bit overdone to turf MrSwiss out of the forum. From his behaviour I assume that he's an autist and not really able to understand why his fellow human beings feel offended by his well-intended hints. Just my personal opinion.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

.deleted
Last edited by BasicCoder2 on Oct 19, 2021 3:52, edited 1 time in total.
xbgtc

Post by xbgtc »

dodicat wrote:"This used to be a great forum with lots of crazy people, I wonder why they have all gone?"
I think that's just the norm with forums. Much like life nothing lasts forever.
dodicat wrote:Maybe I am next for the order of the boot, who knows? and who cares.
No!! :)
angros47

Post by angros47 »

What happened to MrSwiss? I don't see offending posts from him recently, have they been erased?
adeyblue

Post by adeyblue »

I was a bit tetchy with adeyblue a few weeks ago
It's expected, I'm frequently rather prolix and obstreperous in equal manner. Arguing on the internet is pointless so I don't do that, but pricking pomposity and hypocritical behaviour is fun (even if only to me) so I do do that, when it seems warranted. I expect at some point it'll be one instance too many or line crossingly acerbic and get me banned, but live by the sword, die by the sword and all that. You don't need a forum account to contribute code anyway and it's not like I contribute anything of any great value to the forum.

The comments in the referenced thread were pointed at the guy who said he doesn't use other people's well-used code cos it might have problems and then seemed delighted to use your well-used code... that had problems. Maybe I didn't do this or was mixing it up with someone else's similar code, but I was pretty sure I posted a fixed version - or at least said why it had problems - during a previous time when that code was posted. And if I (think I've) done it once and been ignored, I'm not going to do it again. Hence "it's buggy" or whatever I said, without any further elucidation.
caseih

Post by caseih »

angros47 wrote:What happened to MrSwiss? I don't see offending posts from him recently, have they been erased?
Yes, but not because they were offensive per se, but because the post and the subsequent posts were, in my opinion, drowning out the original discussion topic. I suggested that they be removed along with my own posts on the subject, and that appears to have happened. This was not to silence MrSwiss and should not be seen as evidence that there is censoring going on.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

dodicat, I have a great deal of respect for you but I don't like the way you speak about the moderators
I had no problem with MrSwiss, in one occasion his comments to one of my post upset me but I got over it and was able to communicate with him in a friendly way
as for this forum, I find myself increasingly less motivated to post in this forum because there simply is no participation
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

srvaldez wrote:...as for this forum, I find myself increasingly less motivated to post in this forum because there simply is no participation
There are not many active FreeBASIC programmers with the same interests to participate in anything. The chances of someone else having the same usage of FreeBASIC is not very high. There is no wide support for FreeBASIC and the few capable people here cannot do it all by themselves. When I have communicated with others with the same programming interests as myself they have made it clear they have no interest in using FreeBASIC.
aurelVZAB

Post by aurelVZAB »

basicCoder2:
When I have communicated with others with the same programming interests as myself they have made it clear they have no interest in using FreeBASIC.
Now i am wondering what is your programming interest ..and what those people use instead of FB ?
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

dodicat that's the most biting thing i've seen you say. usually this is indicative of an over-active imagination. world events? censorship? who knows.

i'm rooting for you
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

aurelVZAB wrote:basicCoder2:
When I have communicated with others with the same programming interests as myself they have made it clear they have no interest in using FreeBASIC.
Now i am wondering what is your programming interest ..and what those people use instead of FB ?
Interfacing the computer to hardware using the Arduino. Other people mostly use Python. Another popular language is Processing. The advanced programmers can also use C++.
speedfixer

Post by speedfixer »

@BasicCoder2:

I assume:
PI talking to Arduino.
Or direct to Arduino from PC.

These are what I do.

Back to topic ...
This lot of moderators are a hateful bunch...
Followed immediately by:
please moderate at least the last sentence of your post (if possible)
Is that irony, or insensitiveness, lack of understanding, ego? Was that an attempt at humor?

I make mistakes. I have opinions many don't want to hear.
My code doesn't fit what some think is the only proper template.
I see things others don't. (I STILL see 1.07.1 in the green Download box. I have no clue why.)
I speak up because I care. Then (try to) shut up when there is too much pushback.

But I ALWAYS respect the other person.
Give them an opportunity. I don't snap-judge.
Try hard not to bait or call names.
I certainly don't look to suppress someone the moment I don't like something.

There is a problem, here. Takes the fun out of visiting the forums.

This is not the world I would have wanted it to be when I was young.

david