Peanut butter recall

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
bcohio2001

Peanut butter recall

Post by bcohio2001 »

FYI

Commercial jars of peanut butter ARE SAFE! Such as Jif, Skippy, Peter Pan...etc.

Straight from the FDA web site:
http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/pe ... 01_09.html
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

The Main Page wrote:Community Discussion
For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

In Misc catagory is the Documentation project.
Has nothing to do with OS [DOS, Windows or Lunix]
Has nothing to do with actual programming.
So Main is the only place left.

And it DOES affect the "community", at least the health of the people in the community.

So where would you have put it??????
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

It's off-topic; that forum was deleted about a year ago.
rolliebollocks

Post by rolliebollocks »

If they were not safe that would have been reasonable to post. Posting that they are in fact safe... I don't get it.

When was peanut butter not safe?

rb
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

I, in fact, eat peanut butter sandwiches when I program. So it technically can be related to programming! :)

PBJ Eater
-Vince
Richard

Post by Richard »

Only a well paid Industry Spokesperson or Politician would be so stupid as to claim that peanut butter is safe, worldwide, whatever the label, etc. What about peanut butter in a store in say, the Philippines! What about tomorrow at 8AM! That post will remain on the forum, yet we can never be sure that all or any peanut butter will be safe.

If the peanut butter is in a glass jar then it is NOT safe because the common toxin produced over time by micro-organism contamination is detected by it’s fluorescence in UV light, glass stops the UV so the test cannot be performed. There will always be salmonella in peanut butter products. Regular cleaning of the production equipment stops the build-up to dangerous levels.

I trust FreeBASIC much more than I trust Peanut Butter, Politicians or Industry Spokespersons.
rolliebollocks

Post by rolliebollocks »

It's also worthwhile to mention, that the more diseases you acquire from living in fetid rotten conditions, the less likely you are to succumb to a contagion passed in spoiled food products.

Also, never use antibacterial soap because your body requires the bacteria to create antibodies to fight it. It doesn't create antibodies for dead bacteria.

Also, in the Ukraine, phage therapy is being developed for when our antibiotics stop working.

Yay!

Stay filthy and be safe! The Ukranians will save us!

rb
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

rolliebollocks wrote:If they were not safe that would have been reasonable to post. Posting that they are in fact safe... I don't get it.

When was peanut butter not safe?

rb
[I'm not picking on rollie]
Bulk peanut butter, not containers sold at retail, was contaminated at the manufacturer in the USofA by salmonella. The outbreak of illness was "discovered" late last year, the source only in the past few weeks, near 500 became ill and I think 8-10 have died.

In the USofA. And now recalls in Canada.

Jars of peanut butter sold to the general public at retail were apprently not contaminated, only bulk peanut butter (sold in 5 gallon to 1,700 gallon containers, and peanut paste by the railcar, to institutions and other manufacturers).

If you live outside of North America then you aren't affected (who knows where they ship this sh*t), you wouldn't know of it.

Steer clear of those peanut butter cookies..
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

Thank you Zippy for the futher explanation.

I should have explained futher for those who live outside the USA. It is a very hot news topic here.
Richard

Post by Richard »

There is clearly more emotion than rational analysis in this topic.
The recalled product was certainly not safe for some time before it was recalled.
Just because a product has not yet been recalled does not make it safe.
A product inside the USA is never safe just because it has not yet been recalled in the USA.
A product outside the USA is never safe just because it has not yet been recalled in the USA.
The set of unsafe products has more members than those now recalled.
No statement that any product is safe can be logically correct or remain true over time.
It is irrational to define “Safe” as “Not_Recalled” as they clearly do not map one to one.
You can only say that to the best of your knowledge, at the time of writing, “Product X” had not been recalled in the USA.