Are FreeBASIC people on LinkedIN?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Fox

Are FreeBASIC people on LinkedIN?

Post by Fox »

Hi!

I saw that are some FreeBasic groups at Facebook, and was wondering: is anybody from here present at LinkedIn (hard to tell 'cause we are all using pseudos here!)? What about creating a FreeBASIC group on LinkedIn? It would definitely get FreeBASIC some buzz (plus, you get the cool FreeBASIC logo on your profile!) :-P
Last edited by Fox on Jan 06, 2011 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

I'd join if you made a group there.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

I would too.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Hello,

Done! I created a FreeBASIC Developers group on LinkedIn just now. Any LinkedIn FreeBASICer is welcome there! :-)
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

I can't search for it without upgrading. Not gonna happen.

Can you give us a direct link?
Fox

Post by Fox »

agamemnus wrote:I can't search for it without upgrading. Not gonna happen.
Oh, really? I am able to search groups, and I have just the basic (free) account as well... Just had to click on "groups", and then type "FreeBASIC" in the search bar.

Maybe try this link:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupsDirectory ... =freebasic

If you still have troubles, send me your email address via pm, so I will send you back a direct invitation.
KristopherWindsor

Linkedin isn't working right now. I'll try again later. D:
Fox

Post by Fox »

KristopherWindsor wrote:Linkedin isn't working right now. I'll try again later. D:
Yep, but seems to be back now :)
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

I guess "inGroups" is different from groups. I got to the search a different way... I typed "freebasic" in search (the default search is "people"), and got a few different free choices in the bar at the left, and a ton premium-only at the bottom.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Ok, I'm in.

Problems:

Your face is distracting, mang. Also, the description is really a bit long-winded and there are a few minor grammar problems. Here's my suggestion:
Hello, and welcome to this group! Drop a few words here about who you are and what you use Freebasic for! You can also mention your user name from the freebasic.net forum if you have one.
So yes... I dropped the "about me" paragraph... perhaps you should put that in your profile or in the comments section, instead....
Fox

Post by Fox »

agamemnus wrote:Problems:

Your face is distracting, mang. Also, the description is really a bit long-winded and there are a few minor grammar problems.
Well, in fact, the description of the group is this:
"This group is open to all people that use FreeBASIC (and that are proud to do so!)."

What you have read is not a group property, it's only a "discussion thread" started by one of group's members (me, actually). When a new thread will be started by any member of the group, mine will go down. Anyway, I removed the thread and renamed it using your suggestion. thanks!

I really don't know what to do with my face - are you suggesting some surgery? ;-)
KristopherWindsor

Fox wrote:I really don't know what to do with my face - are you suggesting some surgery? ;-)