New BBCode tags

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
TJF

Re: New [wiki] BBCode tag

Post by TJF »

anonymous1337 wrote:Probably the most useful and to-the-point wikipedia article I've ever seen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_Frisia
These are Frisian flags. The OstFrisian (= East Frisian) people are told to be special.

A bus in East Frisian is one meter long and 40 meters wide because everybody wants to sit in front.
Jonge

Re: New BBCode tags

Post by Jonge »

Maybe support for avatars through http://gravatar.com could be added? Avatars could be turned off in the control panel for those who dislike them.. Would make this forum look a bit more interesting?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

fxm wrote:And when a new paragraph (or sentence) is simply added, but without suppressing any thing!
How highlight this revision?
Not with red underlined text. I would suggest writing Edit: or Addendum: or something similar.
The idea is not to be able to piece together previous versions of the post verbatim, but to just to give the latest information, while maintaining a context for any subsequent posts, without being too intrusive.
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

There's a bug tag now that allows linking to the fbc bug tracker by just given the bug id:

Code: Select all

[bug]626[/bug]
[bug]3554189[/bug]
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Neat :)
The ability to use old and new tracker IDs is an unexpected bonus.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

According to fxm, wiki tags are behaving differently to url tags, e.g. [wiki=KeyPgInteger]KeyPgInteger[/wiki] is displaying differently from [url=www.freebasic.net/wiki/KeyPgInteger]KeyPgInteger[/url]. Can anyone comment on this? I've just checked Opera Mini and Ubuntu Firefox, and both look/behave the same to me.
KeyPgInteger
KeyPgInteger
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

counting_pine wrote:According to fxm, wiki tags are behaving differently to url tags, e.g. [wiki=KeyPgInteger]KeyPgInteger[/wiki] is displaying differently from [url=www.freebasic.net/wiki/KeyPgInteger]KeyPgInteger[/url]. Can anyone comment on this? I've just checked Opera Mini and Ubuntu Firefox, and both look/behave the same to me.
KeyPgInteger
KeyPgInteger
In Chrome on a desktop machine the bottom link is underlined in blue.
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

Checking the page source (CTRL+U) in Firefox there is a slight difference:

<a href="...">KeyPgInteger</a>
<a href="..." class="postlink">KeyPgInteger</a>
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Ah, it looks like it's because of the Maxthon style. I tried in Chrome (without logging in) and discovered that [url]s get an olive green link underlined in sky blue, which turns dark blue and gets a pale blue background on mouseover. On the [wiki] url I got just an olive green link, which just underlined in olive green on mousover. (From the weird colours, I thought this was the broken one at first!)
In subsilver2, they both look the same - blue, no underlining, orange+underline on mouseover.

Anyway, the code for both is:

<a href="http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/KeyPgInteger">KeyPgInteger</a><br>
<a href="http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/KeyPgInteger" class="postlink">KeyPgInteger</a>
I can add class="postlink" to all the custom url tags. That would be best I think from a consistency point of view.
EDIT: Done.
fxm

Post by fxm »

counting_pine wrote:I can add class="postlink" to all the custom url tags. That would be best I think from a consistency point of view.
EDIT: Done.
Thanks.
This is well now.
The [url] and [wiki] links are identically displayed.