[offtopic]How can you be proud in future of your country with clinton or trump ?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
D.J.Peters

[offtopic]How can you be proud in future of your country with clinton or trump ?

Post by D.J.Peters »

(sorry about my bad english)
You know i'm a german and knows what walls are.
The very last point on my to do list is "visit US before I die"
However both clinton and trump are evil for USA, looks like you don't have a real choice !
I saw many young people's of england thay means I don't have do vote it will be good on end.
The result are england are very unsafe for any kind of investments in future.

Joshy
Last edited by D.J.Peters on Nov 11, 2016 23:26, edited 2 times in total.
integer

Re: How can you be proud in future of your country with clinton or trump ?

Post by integer »

There are many in the United States of America who believe that neither Trump nor Clinton are presidential.
What I like about Hillary: when she (just the same as Richard Nixon) signed on to be a high level government employee it says that ALL of the documents (and tape recordings) are the property of the government. If Richard Nixon had totally erased the tapes, he would not have been impeached. Hillary deleted her emails. Now that is smart. Destroy the evidence before any can get to it. Her majesty the queen -- president.
Besides what she did a couple of years ago should be forgive and forget, after all she is female.
But some of that stuff that Donal Trump did 40 years ago precludes him from the office.
Mihail_B

Post by Mihail_B »

Our world (planet Earth) is turning upside down ... everywhere.
Sorry for being too drastic, but when the death of 400K people happens before our eyes - because of that and the other one - I can't see how this "epidemic" won't spread to other lands ... Lord of the rings is back ? huh ...

Mike
MichaelW

Post by MichaelW »

The lessor of two evils is a real choice, just not one you can feel good about. Fortunately, the framers of our constitution provided for separation of powers and built in a system of checks and balances, to prevent any one branch of the government from becoming too powerful, and screwing everything up.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

We the 99%, are literally crushed down by the 1%. This will be quickly boring if it doesn't turn back to a fair game.
marcov

Post by marcov »

MichaelW wrote:The lessor of two evils is a real choice, just not one you can feel good about. Fortunately, the framers of our constitution provided for separation of powers and built in a system of checks and balances, to prevent any one branch of the government from becoming too powerful, and screwing everything up.
You mean like invading random countries under the guise of finding weapons of mass destruction, not finding them and getting away with it and creating dragons like IS in the resulting chaos?

Both camps call Clinton and Trump crooks, but their "misdeeds" are peanuts on the global scale of things. What George W Bush got away with however....

The biggest joke of all of course is the Republicans accusing the Obama (and by proxy Clinton) administration of letting the war get out of hand .... It was an ill advised, ill prepared start that got them into that mess by a Republican president.

Personally I think the main problem with US politics is the bipartisan system. It polarises everything in black white.
MichaelW

Post by MichaelW »

marcov wrote: You mean like...
Yes, and lots more, but not everything.
greenink

Post by greenink »

Deleted.
Last edited by greenink on Nov 09, 2016 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Good Luck America.
I think you have made the correct choice (hope so anyway).

The only snag is ... the TV is kinda boring again, Coronation Street, Eastenders, and with luck, the occasional episode of Columbo.
integer

Post by integer »

marcov wrote:... Personally I think the main problem with US politics is the bipartisan system. It polarises everything in black white.
I think you're probably ok. Germany had a single party system in the 1930's and 1940's. Russia had a single party system. So did china, Libya, Iraq, and some others.
I really think the problem is education. Get rid of the schools. Destroy all telephones, television and radio, that way you will not have spurious ideas popping up and agitating the people. Get rid of all the churches, temples and mosques -- except for the one true religion that my neighbor belongs to. I plan on ... oh, darn, there's that telephone again -- 2nd time in a week, don't they ever stop calling.
more later.

Since this thread deals with computer decision making, FreeBasic is ideal for hyper-threading code to answer the original posters question about clinton or trump.
The results seem to indicate that Donald Trumped Clinton.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

or should I say Hi Yall.
I am an Aussie in the south, in a small town in Arkansas, and don't you dare say anything bad about Trump.
He is their hero.

I am just glad to get politics of prime time tv, it's been going on for 18 months.
At least in Australia is last only 6 weeks.

I agree with MichaelW in the checks and balances, and so after a few months he will realise that he can't run the country
like he runs his companies (nor will they let him send the country bankrupt)

However after travelling around the US and working here for the last 2 years, I see a very tired country. In fact in some areas
the towns look third world, so yes maybe it is time more of the tax payers money was spent on infrastructure
instead of being world policemen.

Regards
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Checks and Balances??? You must be joking ...
- President: REP.
- Senate: REP. (majority)
- Congress: REP. (majority)
Where are there any "Checks and Balances" left ???
- Justice? (Federal-Judges require "PRESIDENTIAL" approval)
exjoburgr

Post by exjoburgr »

The Checks and Balances have been eroded over the years, so that now the (office of) President (POTUS) has a lot more power than previously. I agree that a Republican Majority in both houses is not good either. However he alienated a lot of people in his own party in the run-up to the election. That may make things even more difficult for him.

I'm not proud of the president elect, but I have to accept the result of the election.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All
Checks and Balances??? You must be joking ...
- President: REP.
- Senate: REP. (majority)
- Congress: REP. (majority)
Where are there any "Checks and Balances" left ??
You are assuming that the whole party will agree with what DT wants to do.
I can assure you from watching TV here for the last 18 months, 3/4 of them dis-agree with him.

But if the politics is anything like Australia, the idea is to tell the voters what they want to hear
(in this case the rural white male without a degree) and then when you get in power, it is the party policy that is implemented
regardless of all the promises.

And even then they can always impeach him (do a NIxon)

Regards
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Dinosaur wrote:You are assuming that the whole party will agree with what DT wants to do.
Just think about it:
If that happens (once only) the Constitution can be modified, resulting in: USA = RUSSIA !
It's staring into my face, I don't understand that nobody else wants to see it !?!

BTW: I don't assume anything, just fearing the worst ...