Using databases mysql/sqllite

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
grosati

Using databases mysql/sqllite

Post by grosati »

I recently installed FreeBASIC-1.02.1-win64. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to use mysql.bi. The compiler complained that it could not find it. I tried using sqllite2.bi and it still complained. I went looking for the header files and couldn't find them in my installation. I searched all of the other installation .zip files on the site and didn't find them in any except for the win32-mingworg.zip file. Are these libraries not included in the standard install? If they are, what am I doing wrong, and if not, how do i get them? Thanks!
grindstone

Re: Using databases mysql/sqllite

Post by grindstone »

The files are surely included in FB 1.02.0. Download it and copy the missing files to your actual FB \inc\mysql\ - folder.
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

Hi,

some of the .bi files are currently only included in the 32bit version, but not the 64bit version, because they don't support 64bit yet. Chances are the mysql/sqlite headers will be updated for 64bit in a future release, but yeah, currently they're missing.
grosati

Post by grosati »

dkl wrote:Hi,

some of the .bi files are currently only included in the 32bit version, but not the 64bit version, because they don't support 64bit yet. Chances are the mysql/sqlite headers will be updated for 64bit in a future release, but yeah, currently they're missing.

That's what I thought might be the problem. I pulled down the 32bit version and they are there! Not sure how I missed that yesterday going through the installation files. Thank you!
waptug

Post by waptug »

Greetings.

So from this one can surmise that if you have a running mysql database on your linux server and want to access it from fb then you need to run it on a 32 bit server or am i missing the unsaid thing that your can run 32bit mysql.bi on a 64 bit server and all you need to do is just download the 32 bit version of fb and copy the mysql.bi in to your 64 bit fb folder to be able to include it in your code?
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

Yes, the 32bit version of FB, including the 32bit headers, can also be used on 64bit systems. Of course it only produces 32bit programs, and requires 32bit versions of libraries to be installed (FB's core dependencies like libc, libncurses, etc. and anything else your program needs).