Newbie ZX Spectrum question

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
pmra
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 23, 2021 16:20

Re: Newbie ZX Spectrum question

Postby pmra » Mar 25, 2021 4:41

Hi guys,

Thank you so much all for this information. I'll try to follow a path, starting with some tutorials about FreBASIC (it used to be uppercase already, thank you for reminding me) and trying some examples. I see som differences, like

Code: Select all

if...esleif
, I didn't had that one. But subs are still around, great. Even if not very advisable, so I was told.

I understand the pseudocode concept, good idea, even better if joined with OCR.

Tons of info that will take some time to absorb. And this is definetely a great place to ask for help, Thank you ALL. Let's start with it.
BasicCoder2
Posts: 3738
Joined: Jan 01, 2009 7:03
Location: Australia

Re: Newbie ZX Spectrum question

Postby BasicCoder2 » Mar 25, 2021 4:45

Translating from one language to another is something we all have to do at some time unless we program exclusively in C++ although that has also evolved over time.

Translation from language A to language B requires you are proficient in using both languages.

One nice source for language comparison is the Rosetta code collection.

https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:ZX_Spectrum_Basic
jj2007
Posts: 2144
Joined: Oct 23, 2016 15:28
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Newbie ZX Spectrum question

Postby jj2007 » Mar 25, 2021 9:17

pmra wrote:subs are still around, great. Even if not very advisable, so I was told.
Don't listen to people who tell you that - subs are great, and absolutely necessary ;-)
pmra
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 23, 2021 16:20

Re: Newbie ZX Spectrum question

Postby pmra » Mar 25, 2021 16:54

BasicCoder2 wrote:Translating from one language to another is something we all have to do at some time unless we program exclusively in C++ although that has also evolved over time.

Translation from language A to language B requires you are proficient in using both languages.

One nice source for language comparison is the Rosetta code collection.

https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:ZX_Spectrum_Basic


Great tool, thanks!
Talking about conversions, not that I know much about C, but this came up during my searches, maybe it helps someone here:
https://www.basic-converter.org/
pmra
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 23, 2021 16:20

Re: Newbie ZX Spectrum question

Postby pmra » Mar 25, 2021 17:00

jj2007 wrote:
pmra wrote:subs are still around, great. Even if not very advisable, so I was told.
Don't listen to people who tell you that - subs are great, and absolutely necessary ;-)


Programming is more fun than I could remenber. But also very distracting. Just like when I stumbled upon the aformentioned BASIC-to-C site. That would implie not only recalling BASIC, but also learning C. Maybe sometime...

Return to “Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests