No such file or directory - New Install

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
IvanisIvan

No such file or directory - New Install

Post by IvanisIvan »

Every time I come back to FreeBASIC I have to pull some evil voodoo magic to make FBIDE to compile code. I have since got a new computer and upon installing both the IDE and the latest 64bit version of FreeBASIC (9.3.0), I have found the following issue:

Code: Select all

Command executed:
"G:\New folder\FreeBASIC\FreeBASIC-1.08.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\fbc64.exe" "G:\New folder\FreeBASIC\FBIde0.4.6r4\FBIDETEMP.bas"

Compiler output:
New: error: folder\FreeBASIC\FreeBASIC-1.08.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\gcc.exe: No such file or directory
How do I resolve this issue???
- Ivan
fxm

Re: No such file or directory - New Install

Post by fxm »

Try to remove the space in the first directory name for your installation:
New_Folder
for example.
IvanisIvan

Post by IvanisIvan »

fxm wrote:Try to remove the space in the first directory name for your installation:
New_Folder
for example.
Thank you!!!
crockhamtown

Post by crockhamtown »

Hi Ivan

Just restarted BASIC after many years away and have downloaded the compiler and IDE.

Given you restarted recently can you give me some advice as where in windows do I place them. And in what order.

Best wishes
Keith aka crockhamtown
IvanisIvan

Post by IvanisIvan »

crockhamtown wrote: Jul 02, 2023 18:48 Hi Ivan

Just restarted BASIC after many years away and have downloaded the compiler and IDE.

Given you restarted recently can you give me some advice as where in windows do I place them. And in what order.

Best wishes
Keith aka crockhamtown
Sorry if this is too late but I've just seen it. I honestly placed it on my desktop and made sure the slashes were facing the right direction and had no spaces in my path/folder names.