Displaying data on screen

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
paul doe

Re: Displaying data on screen

Postby paul doe » May 09, 2019 11:53

Gablea wrote:most of what I need is just basic input screens etc that was why I though of the TUI for this project

Of course, with a TUI you can create any app you want in text mode, and easily modify your existing ones, but it takes a little more work than simply code a form generator.
Gablea wrote:...
Here in the UK we have a gap between manual cash registers and to of the range EPoS systems and nothing in between hence why I want to design this app (so small business can have the advantage of EPoS but not the cost)

How would you define 'top of the rank'? Here, the crappiest PoS I've seen runs under XP, and most of them on Win7. There's the ocassional DOS solution, but they don't run it natively (either in compat mode or under DOSBox).
Gablea wrote:...
I would love to hear your thoughts on the idea of PoS and any input you can offer Paul I would welcome it

I will admit My FB Skills are no as solid as my VB.net skills. (my app still crashes sometimes even when it is on the "signed off" screen)

Hell its getting to a point now where I want to Pay someone to debug my app and correct anything I have done wrong

Well, I do have some spare time right now. I can give it a look if you want. Do you have a mail to contact you?
Gablea

Postby Gablea » May 09, 2019 13:17

@paul Doe

your welcome to email me at <the email you have>

How would you define 'top of the rank'? Here, the crappiest PoS I've seen runs under XP, and most of them on Win7. There's the ocassional DOS solution, but they don't run it naively (either in compat mode or under DOSBox).

Top of the range here are machines that cost £6,000 plus. I want to make a cheaper system as small Business can not always pay that sort of cash and I can get machines with 600 MHz CPU and 512MB RAM that are IDEAL to run DOS PoS Software on them

My Dear friend ShadowMystic was helping me but his health is not as good as it was so we have put that projects on hold
Last edited by Gablea on May 09, 2019 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
paul doe

Postby paul doe » May 09, 2019 13:41

Gablea wrote:@paul Doe

your welcome to email me at xxx

Ok, got it. Erase it or otherwise edit it so that it can't be parsed (security issues).

Gablea wrote:Top of the range here are machines that cost £6,000 plus. I want to make a cheaper system as small Business can not always pay that sort of cash and I can get machines with 600 MHz CPU and 512MB RAM that are IDEAL to run DOS PoS Software on them

My Dear friend ShadowMystic was helping me but his health is not as good as it was so we have put that projects on hold

I see. Well, it's certainly possible, and FreeBasic apps will run nicely on those ranges. Already sent you a mail, let's see how it goes.

Return to “General”