Anyone able to use this with FreeBASIC?

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Cretin Ho

Re: Anyone able to use this with FreeBASIC?

Post by Cretin Ho »

caseih wrote:Having said all this, FB's OOP model is very simple, but effective. What parts of it are you having a hard time grasping?
OOP is the future for anyone seek for an replacement to VB.NET like me (VB.NET, not VB6).

I'm stucking on Property. If it's used to replace getters/setters then why sometimes I see a Function being declared as Property? The most sophisticated FB OOP code I have ever seen is of MyFbFramework and VisualFbEditor of Xusinboy Bekchanov and I have great trouble understanding it.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Re: Anyone able to use this with FreeBASIC?

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Cretin Ho wrote:
caseih wrote:Having said all this, FB's OOP model is very simple, but effective. What parts of it are you having a hard time grasping?
OOP is the future for anyone seek for an replacement to VB.NET like me (VB.NET, not VB6).

I'm stucking on Property. If it's used to replace getters/setters then why sometimes I see a Function being declared as Property? The most sophisticated FB OOP code I have ever seen is of MyFbFramework and VisualFbEditor of Xusinboy Bekchanov and I have great trouble understanding it.
Dim As Function(), Dim As Sub() is convenient when you want to save the address of a function or procedure.
In my library, procedure addresses are used for control events. The user will write the address of his procedure, and the library will call these procedures at the address when the event occurs.