DOSBox crashes with error codes

DOS specific questions.
HeirOfMoonwatch

DOSBox crashes with error codes

Post by HeirOfMoonwatch »

It's been awhile on me programming QBASIC and QuickBASIC 4.5, but when I got FreeBASIC, it was like a bicycle... Bicycle accident that is. I made simple hello world for DOS, didn't due too well with Linux compiling in the end, it compiled successfully, but when ran, show a small window and close... But anyways, I am using DOSBox on Ubuntu Studio, from Trusty fork of Ubuntu. My problem is that I did the source as thus

Code: Select all

'Core initialization block
coreIntialize:
#lang "qb"
cls
screen 7

'Core block
coreBegin:
locate 4
? "	MORGUL: SPELL OF DARKNESS"
locate 18
input "PRESS ENTER TO BEGIN...", enter1$
if enter1$="" then goto coreEnd else goto coreBegin

'End Core block
coreEnd:
cls
end
I know it's bound to be the SCREEN 7 call, I still want to use it, due to the font carriage is pretty oldskool and in my memory it is awesome... But anywho, I know I am not doing something correct with it, like closing out the [coreInitialize] block of coding... Any ideas guys?
caseih

Re: DOSBox crashes with error codes

Post by caseih »

Runs fine under DosBox here on my Fedora machine. Also the code runs nicely under native linux with FB for Linux. Not sure what problems you were having.
HeirOfMoonwatch

Post by HeirOfMoonwatch »

actually it runs well to, but when I exit from program it gives me error of pointer messages and DOSBox just hangs.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

HeirOfMoonwatch wrote:actually it runs well to, but when I exit from program it gives me error of pointer messages and DOSBox just hangs.
Hello, I've no linux, or similar, and dosbox is sleeping in its package on some place in my computer I can't remember, but if your issue is due to SCREEN 7, why not do SCREEN 0 before ending? Or any other screen that would be more gentle.