Solution to FreeBasic for DOS compiler crashing under Windows Ten 32 Bit

DOS specific questions.
Moguera

Solution to FreeBasic for DOS compiler crashing under Windows Ten 32 Bit

Postby Moguera » Jul 06, 2020 21:04

I installed 32 bit Windows 10 in my latest computer, because I still run two DOS programs under Windows. Under past versions of Windows, I’ve had no problems compiling FreeBasic programs using FreeBasic for DOS V. 0.24.0.

However, when I tried compiling a program using FreeBasic for DOS V. 0.24.0 under Windows 10, it crashed and brought the CMD window down with it.. I tried running it in various compatibility modes, but that failed to eliminate the problem.

I downloaded V. 1.07.1 for DOS, and tried it, but got an error message “Aborting due to runtime error 12 ("segmentation violation" signal)”. I tried one suggestion I found on the Internet, but it failed to eliminate the problem. I also tried running it in various compatibility modes, but that also failed

I copied the program to an XP machine and the program compiled without any problem. I tried the executable and it worked as it should.

Since I may not always have access to an XP machine, I tried compiling that FreeBasic program using V. 0.24.0 of FreeBasic in a DOSBox Megabuild 6 window. The program compiled without errors and the executable ran as expected.

Return to “DOS”