How can I add auto-completion in fbedit?

Windows specific questions.
Ichibane

How can I add auto-completion in fbedit?

Postby Ichibane » May 24, 2019 11:05

Good day, I would like to ask on how can I add auto-completion of gtk using fbedit. I've been searching the forum but can't find an answer. Hopefully someone can help me because it is a big help having auto-completion. Thank you in advance.
Ichibane

Re: How can I add auto-completion in fbedit?

Postby Ichibane » May 24, 2019 12:13

Upon looking in fbedit folder, I found this folder called api and been trying to add add something like gtk_button_new and when i tried hitting ctrl+space, the code that i've added appear in the auto-completion

I'm just new to this. If someone can explain it better I'll be glad :) Thank you.
St_W

Postby St_W » May 26, 2019 21:34

There's a tool "MakeApi" that comes with FreeBasic and is intended to generate ".api" files from FreeBasic source code/headers. However tended to be a bit unstable or broken for certain source files, so you may need to tweak it (and/or your input files) a bit.
Ichibane

Postby Ichibane » May 28, 2019 2:06

St_W wrote:There's a tool "MakeApi" that comes with FreeBasic and is intended to generate ".api" files from FreeBasic source code/headers. However tended to be a bit unstable or broken for certain source files, so you may need to tweak it (and/or your input files) a bit.

Thank you sir for your suggestion. I manage to add one by creating a file gtk.api and added it in the .ini file of fbedit. I compiled it by gathering all the needed code at gtk folder and I'm happy with the result. Here is the screenshot.

Return to “Windows”