Windows 10 Printer Problems after latest updates.

Windows specific questions.
RNBW

Windows 10 Printer Problems after latest updates.

Postby RNBW » Oct 12, 2019 16:02

As most who use Windows 10 and have installed the latest updates will know, Microsoft managed to mess up the printer spooler and you couldn't print.

It appears that the printer spooler has stopped working and none of your printers show up. This can be restarted by clicking Start and typing services.msc in the search box at the bottom of the left panel and then clicking services.msc again at the very top of the left panel that pops up. Scroll down the list of services until you reach printer spooler and highlight it. Then in the left panel click Restart the service. This will bring up your printers again. This worked for me and I've restarted the computer a few times to make sure.

In respect of the problem with the Start menu, I don't know if I have this problem because I don't use it. I use Open-Shell menu. This is configurable and you can set it up to work like Windows 7. If you want the latest Windows Start menu, I have an item at the top of my start menu that brings it up. Just Google Open-Shell menu and click on Releases · Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu · GitHub to get a .exe installer. I have used this from when it used to be called Classic Start Menu and much prefer it.

I hope the above is of interest and is helpful.
dodicat

Re: Windows 10 Printer Problems after latest updates.

Postby dodicat » Oct 12, 2019 16:36

Windows 10 is riddled.
Imagine if you have a POS system in your shop running win 10, and relying on the updates.
You would soon return to a ledger.
I notice that many businesses about the town use Linux, I usually try to get a peek at their monitors.
Some of the old DOS systems are the most reliable and are still in use.
Thanks for the info.

Return to “Windows”