Brownian motion.

Post your FreeBASIC source, examples, tips and tricks here. Please don’t post code without including an explanation.
deltarho[1859]

Re: Brownian motion.

Post by deltarho[1859] »

@fxm

OK, thumbs up, with white text on a dark background. Within the next week? Image
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

Who remembers this movie? Words from wise men -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU

After the forum attacks couple weeks ago, it's on my TODO list to update forum software. Been too busy lately to complete. Anyway, I could see something like the golden rule added in a noticeable way to help remind posters what we are all about.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

After 71 years on this planet I conclude that you cannot rely on human goodwill.
Many people seem keen enough, but true altruism is really only acted out to benefit the individual in one way or another.
I think there was a book written about this, (The Selfish Gene -- I think!)
What people need is fair and responsible policing. (IMHO)
Then they are happier all round.(IMHO)
I do not think that Mr Swiss is any sort of offender, he just says it as he sees it.
I would rather have Mr Swiss's retorts directed at me than an aloofness (~~ I am better than thou attitude~~) which some members exude.
I hope Mr Swiss returns to the forum very soon.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

@dodicat,
I share your sentiments. MrSwiss has been an asset for me with regards to using FreeBasic and I also hope he stays around.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

dodicat wrote:...
I do not think that Mr Swiss is any sort of offender, he just says it as he sees it.
I also don't have a problem with that (I'm also an autist, after all). The problem starts when you intentionally start to mess with other people, on a personal level.
I would rather have Mr Swiss's retorts directed at me than an aloofness (~~ I am better than thou attitude~~) which some members exude.
Like your beloved MrSwiss, for example?
MrSwiss wrote: FYI:
using dependencies (aka: OS related stuff, like WIN-API) is the typical PB way of thinking.
Switch to the FB way of thinking: only ever use OS related things, if it is 100% unavoidable.
As long as FB has got the functionality (e.g. Mersenne Twister) use that for seeding ...
(and forget WIN-Crypto-API) Then, you don't need "windows.bi" and there are no troubles ...
(This is targetting other PRNG's like PCG32 e.t.c. especially!)
MrSwiss wrote:
Juergen Kuehlwein wrote:I already have developped similar (much more comprehensive) array ...
That others would likely call: BLOAT. (JK seems to only want "his own stuff", using any means
preferably without competition
, see below for explanation)
Juergen Kuehlwein wrote:- MrSwiss replied, that my method would require 7 calls to get the full descriptor information (implying that his method is required to do that).
Red part is a straight lie: because I've clearly stated that my method does it "all in one".
(Proof required? Just a single Sub retrieves all the header information.)
Your methods require 7 calls (one argument per call), mine does it "single-shot", all at once.

The remainder of the post is nothing but common knowledge ...
(The code is most likely just a "copy & paste" from my code. Seem to remember: pa)
The part I underlined is quite interesting, indeed, and speaks volumes about this person's mindset. I'll spare you the instances in which he wrote similar things for some of my own posts. Just a waste of time.
I hope Mr Swiss returns to the forum very soon.
I do not. Interestingly enough, Jeff stated this a few posts above (the underline is mine):
coderJeff wrote:...
MrSwiss' account is now on temporary suspension and I have invited him to have a conversation with me. His remarks and opinions tend to evoke an emotional response rather than a thoughtful one. In my opinion, MrSwiss is completely ignorant of the concept that how ideas are communicated are directly related to how those ideas are recieved. I do not believe it his intent to be malicious.
Whereas Wikipedia has this to say about trolls:
Wikipedia wrote: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Notice a pattern here?

In the past, people has been banned by v1ctor and cha0s for less than the trolling that MrSwiss so happily enjoys. Jeff pulls the strings now, and he may be far more tolerant than them, but a troll is a troll, no matter if he's been an 'asset' for like 2 people. And the rest of us just have to endure? I won't consider it a 'fair proposition', by any stretch of the imagination.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

dodicat wrote:What people need is fair and responsible policing. (IMHO)
That is what we got.
codeJeff wrote:Anyway, I could see something like the golden rule added in a noticeable way to help remind posters what we are all about.
This thread should now be locked.
badidea

Post by badidea »

deltarho[1859] wrote:This thread should now be locked.
Or delete all posts not related to 'Brownian motion' including this one. Which should have been done directly actually.