minimidi_chung free midi folder stations player

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
chung

minimidi_chung free midi folder stations player

Post by chung »

minimidi_chung is a free midi folder player (up to 11 stations midi folders, 100 midifiles per folder) using midipiano_chungDLL dll player version of midipiano_chung (freeware 2013) with unique piano sound.
Can run on a small netbook.

=> http://chungswebsite.blogspot.com/2013/ ... layer.html

Last edited by chung on Jul 17, 2020 13:27, edited 3 times in total.
angros47

Re: minimidi_chung free midi folder stations player

Post by angros47 »

Would you consider using a different approach for sound synthesis? (i.e. pad synthesis, frequency modulation, ring modulation, subtractive synthesis...)

You would be able to use the sound of many instruments, not only piano.
chung

Post by chung »

i still have an old dx11 with which i programmed epiano and organ sounds (fm synthesis) but i dont use it no more.
i also have a kn1400 with more than 200 editable sounds with ADSR on which i programmed piano sounds but it looses memory every 20 hours.
but always i prefer piano acoustic sounds.yet tried all free acoustic piano vsti on the web.
there are also lots of free vsti synths to download , i may test them, the problem is the polyphony number.

yet it is possible to record and tweak any synth sounds and add them as mp3 or wav (one sample max 15 sec per octave) to the sounds folder of my midipiano_chung program (piano12..piano14 are free , and other pianos sounds can be modified or replaced)
chung

Post by chung »

(17/07/2020) a DLL version minimidi_chungDLL allows to launch the application in another thread to minimize overhead on multicore cpu .
chung

Post by chung »

(16/12/2020) new version minimidi2_chung with mypiano_chung bass dll bass.dll virtual acoustic piano recorded on Isabelle's upright piano added

=> https://sourceforge.net/projects/minimidichung/