FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
ur_naz

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.6.26)

Post by ur_naz »

Unfortunally Poseidon 0193 shuts down when i try to create new file an does not open files from disk =(
I'm using Win7x64. 0189 works fine
Also it would be great to add extension filters such as *bas & *.bi in open file dialog
Also it would be great to add feature to change words case
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:Unfortunally Poseidon 0193 shuts down when i try to create new file an does not open files from disk =(
I'm using Win7x64. 0189 works fine
Also it would be great to add extension filters such as *bas & *.bi in open file dialog
Also it would be great to add feature to change words case
I using Win7x64 too and Linux mint 17.3, I can't reproduce the issue on both system
Please update all *.xpm into icons floder then test again

Feature 1: It's easy to add, will done at next release.
Feature 2: Option -> Tools -> Convert Keyword Case
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Kuan Hsu wrote: I using Win7x64 too and Linux mint 17.3, I can't reproduce the issue on both system
Please update all *.xpm into icons floder then test again
How can I do that? I just unzipped downloaded archive then ran Poseidon and got it's unexpected behavior.
Kuan Hsu wrote: Feature 2: Option -> Tools -> Convert Keyword Case
Are you kidding? Sometimes it is faster to retype whole word rather than seek this feature in main menu. And I should never find it there S)) I guess the Edit menu is much better place to edit tools than Option (why not 'Options'?) submenu. But the best place is in popup menu

Is it 'hurry up' error?

Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:How can I do that? I just unzipped downloaded archive then ran Poseidon and got it's unexpected behavior.
I've download the 7-z from mediafire, it's crash indeed, I've already repack the 7-z achrive and upload, it should be OK without crash.
The new archrive already add extension filters feature and some new feature I'm testing.....
ur_naz wrote:why not 'Options'
Because my mother language is Chinese.....HAHA
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Yes, that's it

How about something like this

ps If i'm too annoying please say that to me
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:Yes, that's it

How about something like this

ps If i'm too annoying please say that to me
I can't see the image on my computer and cellphone……@@
St_W

Post by St_W »

Kuan Hsu wrote:I can't see the image on my computer and cellphone……@@
Is Taiwan behind the Great Firewall of China?
Maybe this works: http://imgur.com/aS2pM2K ?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:Are you kidding? Sometimes it is faster to retype whole word rather than seek this feature in main menu. And I should never find it there S)) I guess the Edit menu is much better place to edit tools than Option (why not 'Options'?) submenu. But the best place is in popup menu
I think it is just a little tool to convert keyword case of opening document, why not place it in tools menu?

I added a "Auto Convert Keyword Case" option in preference dialog, please test it at V0.194, thank you~~
Imortis

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.7.13)

Post by Imortis »

I am loving the latest update. I do have a feature request, though:

In the outline, could you make it so that it show the outline of every file in a project?

For instance, I have 4 .bi files in my project, and to see the outline for a different file, I have to switch to the tab for that file.

For individual files not in a project that makes sense, but for a project it would be handy to see all together.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:I am loving the latest update. I do have a feature request, though:

In the outline, could you make it so that it show the outline of every file in a project?

For instance, I have 4 .bi files in my project, and to see the outline for a different file, I have to switch to the tab for that file.

For individual files not in a project that makes sense, but for a project it would be handy to see all together.
Thank you for your using~~

But I think if the project with many functions and variables, the outline tree will become very huge and difficult to find any function or variable......

I think I can change the layout of "File List", like my old D language IDE-- poseidon:
We can click the item of "File List" to change the outline tree quickly......
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

That would be a nice work around. It is not required. I don't know if anyone else using it wants this. I could be the only one.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:That would be a nice work around. It is not required. I don't know if anyone else using it wants this. I could be the only one.
Done at V0.198
New "File List" support dnd, we can drag the tree node to change list order.
ur_naz

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.7.17)

Post by ur_naz »

win7x64 poseidon 0.199

when i create new file, i can't save it (nothing is hapens) i can only SaveAs file

drag'n'drop in project tree does not work for me.

Ctrl+X shortcut does not work for me. it is Cut command
Can you add shortcuts to main menu?

can you add gui subsystem to compiler options ( -s gui)

can you add compiler options to prefereces dialog. just for single file programs
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:when i create new file, i can't save it (nothing is hapens) i can only SaveAs file
If the document had not modified( no * sign before filename ), "Save" will no action, if we create a new file and edit it, click "Save" will popup a "Save As" dialog and ask for file name.
ur_naz wrote:drag'n'drop in project tree does not work for me.
It hasn't support in project tree.
ur_naz wrote: Ctrl+X shortcut does not work for me. it is Cut command
Can you add shortcuts to main menu?
It's my personal fault, I didn't use ctrl+shift+z to redo, I use ctrl+x to redo instead.
Please:
Options -> Preference -> "Short Cut" tab -> double click "Read" then set the keys to others( maybe crrl+shift+z ) -> "OK"
Ctrl+x will work.
ur_naz wrote: can you add gui subsystem to compiler options ( -s gui)
can you add compiler options to prefereces dialog. just for single file programs
Please Right-click the "Compile" or "Run" or "Quick Run" button on toolbar, you will see something special.....^^
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Please Right-click the "Compile" or "Run" or "Quick Run" button on toolbar, you will see something special.....^^
I forgot I asked this... This "ninja" style is so unusual. And it needs right click every time then i want to compile or run with options...
maybe images below will describe that i want...

wow, preferences dialog needs icon too...