FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2020.07.20)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
UEZ

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2017.07.30)

Postby UEZ » Jul 31, 2017 16:13

1) :-(
2) E.g. you have 14 tabs (files) open and you are working with 3rd one. After restart all tabs will be loaded but always tab 14 (last) will be shown in the code editor but the tab is outside the visible window. -> good idea would be to save the tab which is displayed before exiting and remember it when starting poseidonFB again.
3) :-)
4) well, when it is compiled properly I don't need that message box - only on errors.
5) https://pastebin.com/y0iM92dU (valid for one day only)

Another thing is console compile is by default selected. Would be great to remember that selection on exit, too.
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 02, 2017 11:57

UEZ wrote:1) :-(
2) E.g. you have 14 tabs (files) open and you are working with 3rd one. After restart all tabs will be loaded but always tab 14 (last) will be shown in the code editor but the tab is outside the visible window. -> good idea would be to save the tab which is displayed before exiting and remember it when starting poseidonFB again.
4) well, when it is compiled properly I don't need that message box - only on errors.

Another thing is console compile is by default selected. Would be great to remember that selection on exit, too.

(1)Sorry...
(2)I report a bug to IUP author, see: https://sourceforge.net/p/iup/mailman/message/35975965/
(3)DONE
(4)Now working version is windows only, I need add some code in Linux
(5)If delete the manual part, no exception? why not use project to manage multi files?
(6)Do you mean Console / Windows icon status?
deltarho[1859]

Postby deltarho[1859] » Aug 02, 2017 13:15

Kuan, may I ask a favour of you and test the example in the FreeBASIC Help file with regard Shared Libraries because I am getting 'cannot find -lmylib'. The example is working in FBEdit.

Cheers.
UEZ

Postby UEZ » Aug 02, 2017 13:28

Kuan Hsu wrote:
UEZ wrote:1) :-(

(1)Sorry...
(2)I report a bug to IUP author, see: https://sourceforge.net/p/iup/mailman/message/35975965/
(3)DONE
(4)Now working version is windows only, I need add some code in Linux
(5)If delete the manual part, no exception? why not use project to manage multi files?
(6)Do you mean Console / Windows icon status?

4) I'm not using Linux, too.
5) all good for now - no exceptions. I manually loaded the 14 test files.
6) yes. Every time I start poseidonFB console output is set by default.

Is it possible to add a feature to auto correct the wording of the build-in words? Example when I type
declare it should change it to Declare, screenevent -> ScreenEvent, dim as singe -> Dim As Singel, etc.
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 02, 2017 15:10

deltarho[1859] wrote:Kuan, may I ask a favour of you and test the example in the FreeBASIC Help file with regard Shared Libraries because I am getting 'cannot find -lmylib'. The example is working in FBEdit.

Cheers.

It's all about the lib search path for ld.exe, but as http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=KeyPgPplibpath:

Code: Select all

Syntax:
  #libpath "path"

Description:
  Adds a library search path to the linker's list of search paths as if it had been specified on the command line with the '-p' option.
  Paths are relative to the working directory where fbc was invoked and not relative to the directory of the source file.
  No error is generated if the path does not exist and compilation and linking will continue.

I think we need use #libpath or use -p compiler option.
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 02, 2017 15:13

UEZ wrote:Is it possible to add a feature to auto correct the wording of the build-in words? Example when I type
declare it should change it to Declare, screenevent -> ScreenEvent, dim as singe -> Dim As Singel, etc.

Preference -> Editor -> Auto Convert Keyword Case
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 02, 2017 15:39

St_W wrote:Many things work differently on Linux than on Windows and you usually can't simply download an application and execute it on Linux. Normally you get applications from a package repository, but if an application is not available from there it soon gets complicated because Linux isn't as homogenous as Windows. There are dozen of different variants with a lot of incompatibilites among them and often applications need to be compiled from source right for your Linux version and the installed libraries. Unfortunately neither poseidonFB nor the IUP libraries are available from a package repository. Please also note that poseidonFB is only available as beta-version yet and things will change (e.g. better documentation).

I've updated the poseidonFB Manual that add install chapter, can be download at: https://bitbucket.org/KuanHsu/poseidonfb/downloads/
I'm not a linux professional master, but I added step by step how to install about poseidonFB.( I make a all new linux mint 18.2 liveUSB to install IUP3.22 and poseidonFB )
fxm

Postby fxm » Aug 02, 2017 16:22

I just group here the 2 posts precising the request to Kuan:
deltarho[1859] wrote:Kuan, may I ask a favour of you and test the example in the FreeBASIC Help file with regard Shared Libraries because I am getting 'cannot find -lmylib'. The example is working in FBEdit.
dodicat wrote:PoseidonFB creates its .bas and .exe (the quick run files) in the folder of PoseidonFB.exe, so it will not find any dll's in the source code folder, where is where you would normally put them (if not in the distro lib folder).
I think Kuan should fix this.
The temp files should be with the source code file.
You'll perhaps notice that fbide does this, so it is simple to load a dll.
FBIde and FBEdit do it. So it's a good reference!
deltarho[1859]

Postby deltarho[1859] » Aug 02, 2017 18:02

Thanks, fxm.
Kuan wrote:I think we need use #libpath or use -p compiler option.

Kuan, dodicat seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true then '#libpath or use -p compiler option' will not work and poseidonFB is not capable of using home brewed libraries, Static or Shared. It will create them but block our use of them.
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 02, 2017 18:14

deltarho[1859] wrote:Thanks, fxm.
Kuan wrote:I think we need use #libpath or use -p compiler option.

Kuan, dodicat seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true then '#libpath or use -p compiler option' will not work and poseidonFB is not capable of creating libraries, Static or Shared.

I copy the file to one folder, and compile mytest.bas use command-line( fbc d:/mytest.bas ), then compile success, so the document cheat me!!!!......HA HA!

The issue is simple to resolve, we try to 'Compile' single file or 'Quick Run' a single file( already named ), we can find that poseidonFB 'Compile' file at its path( even tempfile of 'Quick Run' ), but what happen? I create a process to do these work but I lost redirect their work dir, add one-line code can solve the issue.

Another is a compile message, I rechange if stderr pipe have message, the poseidonFB will show compile error!
dodicat

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2017.08.03)

Postby dodicat » Aug 02, 2017 20:40

Hi Kuan.
#inclib "somefile"

works OK now.

I thought it wasn't but I had been using a previous version.
Thank you.
Last edited by dodicat on Aug 02, 2017 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
deltarho[1859]

Postby deltarho[1859] » Aug 02, 2017 20:46

@Kuan

Thanks for V0.297. I have now created both a Static and Shared library and used both of them without any issues.

I am surprised that with the second anniversary of this thread coming up next month that no-one has reported that the library generation wan't working properly. I must confess that I prefer to use my own bas modules but needed to write a dll for another language as that was a heck of a lot easier than porting the code to the other language; one of the reasons for dlls, of course.

Added: I wonder why dodicat is having a problem. I used the example in the docs for Static and Shared libraries.

What I did was use the same mylib.bi and mytest.bas for both. mylib.bas got compiled with -dll on the one hand and -lib on the other.

Added more: I see dodicat is OK now.

@dodicat

You can't mistakes like that - it is what I do. <laugh>
UEZ

Postby UEZ » Aug 02, 2017 22:09

Compile options will not be saved.
c-sanchez

Postby c-sanchez » Aug 02, 2017 22:48

* Some details about behavior on poseidonFB with highlitgh current word option
all selected words with mouse click are highlighted, is ok, but then now select one with mouse and move with keyboard arrows..
Highlight current word where is located cursor, either with mouse clic or moving the cursor with arrows.

* The compiler results window (output tab)text is always black. You can chage this on Color preferences, but if restart poseidonFB the text is black again, although the preference still saved.
I guess the same apply to Search tab, although I have not tested.
Kuan Hsu

Postby Kuan Hsu » Aug 03, 2017 15:23

UEZ wrote:Compile options will not be saved.

Dear UEZ:
Did you click the "Apply" to save the options setting?

Return to “Projects”