WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.8 November 19, 2020)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
fxm

Re: WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows

Postby fxm » Jul 26, 2017 5:59

Declare all procedures (including member procedures) as private (only internal linkage) is very simple if compiling in -lang deprecated or fblite or qb, because we have just to add 'Option Private' at the top of the main file (before any code and file inclusions).
Otherwise (-lang fb for example), 'Option Private' is not allowed and so we must specify 'Private' at the level of each procedure body (including for the modules to include). Therefore, these modules can no longer be used as external modules as well.
fxm

Postby fxm » Jul 26, 2017 7:37

PaulSquires wrote:Version 1.3.9 (July 25, 2017)
- Added: Option (Environment Options :: Compiler Setup) to run compiled programs from a spawned command window. Useful for catching runtime errors.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Not in this release but coming soon:
- enhancing the logic for "Run Executable".
- implement option prompt user for confirmation with messagebox when closing the editor.
- implement a Build Options dialog in order to create user defined compile/build options. Release, Debug, 32bit, 64bit, etc....

A "Quick Run" command, like many other IDEs (compilation + execution, using only temporary files), can be useful because it allows you to test a temporary code without saving it (neither modify existing source files of user).
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Jul 26, 2017 13:11

fxm wrote:A "Quick Run" command, like many other IDEs (compilation + execution, using only temporary files), can be useful because it allows you to test a temporary code without saving it (neither modify existing source files of user).

Sounds like a good idea. I should have added that functionality a long time ago. :-)
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Aug 03, 2017 22:26

Some screenshots from latest Version 1.4.1 (August 3, 2017):

Version 1.4.1 (August 3, 2017):
- Added: Major change. New Build Configuration system.
- Added: Quick Run (added to Compile menu and Toolbar).
- Added: Option (Environment Options :: General Options) for "Ask before exiting the editor".
- Added: Check added to catch whether a loaded file has been *deleted* by something external. Message now displays asking whether to keep file open or close it.
- Change: The "Run Executable" functionality now runs the currently active source code file should the EXE exist. Previously would always run the most recently executed exe.

This release can be downloaded from GitHub (full source code and compiled exe's): https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Jose Roca continues to produce great new code for FreeBASIC Windows. Check out the help resource at http://www.jose.it-berater.org/CWindow/ ... ework.html and get the code from http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/fo ... pic=4061.0
Carlos Herrera

Postby Carlos Herrera » Aug 04, 2017 10:53

PaulSquires wrote:Jose Roca continues to produce great new code for FreeBASIC Windows. Check out the help resource at http://www.jose.it-berater.org/CWindow/ ... ework.html and get the code from http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/fo ... pic=4061.0

Paul,
Can you provide a simple example of CWindow use?
Carlos
MrSwiss

Postby MrSwiss » Aug 04, 2017 11:15

Hi Paul,

a suggestion if I may: break the Compiler and other IDE settings, out of [View]-Menu and,
add something like: [Options] or [Configuration]-Menu (as done in: FBEdit 'Options').
Searching for *Options* under the *View*-Menu, is less than intuitive (IMHO).
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Aug 04, 2017 13:35

MrSwiss wrote:Hi Paul,

a suggestion if I may: break the Compiler and other IDE settings, out of [View]-Menu and,
add something like: [Options] or [Configuration]-Menu (as done in: FBEdit 'Options').

Thanks MrSwiss, yes that sounds like a reasonable suggestion. I can see the Build Configurations going under that menu option as well (similar to FBEdit approach). When I add User Tools dialog, I would also add that to the Options menu.

Thanks,
fxm

Postby fxm » Aug 04, 2017 14:04

MrSwiss wrote:Hi Paul,

FBIde users have no difficulty for finding that, because with FBIde, the "Settings" menu is under the main "View" menu!
Josep Roca

Postby Josep Roca » Aug 04, 2017 16:11

> Can you provide a simple example of CWindow use?

The WinFBE editor comes with many templates and projects.

To access the templates, click the arrow at the right of the New toolbar button.

To load a project, click the menu option Project->Open Project and select the WinFBE Sample_Projects folder.
Last edited by Josep Roca on Aug 04, 2017 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
deltarho[1859]

Postby deltarho[1859] » Aug 04, 2017 16:33

@Carlos Herrera

If you get well acquainted with Jose's CWindow you will be able to 'knock out' GUIs as if you were an expert in SDK progarmming.
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Aug 05, 2017 17:47

Version 1.4.2 (August 5, 2017)
- Added: "Options" top menu item and moved "Environment Options" and "Build Configurations" under it.
- Changed: Updated CWindow framework to Release Candidate 30.
- Fixed: GDI resource leak when Find/Replace dialog invoked multiple times.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
sancho2

Postby sancho2 » Aug 06, 2017 2:03

Hi Paul:
Version 1.4.2:
Quick run works from menu but the tool bar button is not enabled. Did you foget to turn it on or is it something I did?

The last time I asked about templates they were not yet implemented. I must have missed the implementation. That works really well.
I download CWindows and so far so good. Really nice.

Great stuff both WinFBE and CWindows.

Edit:
I cannot reproduce the Quick Run not working. I am not sure what happened but it is working now.
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Aug 07, 2017 14:32

sancho2 wrote:Hi Paul:
Version 1.4.2:
Quick run works from menu but the tool bar button is not enabled. Did you foget to turn it on or is it something I did?

Is it possible that you tried to use Quick Run with a Project? It is not enabled for Projects.

Great stuff both WinFBE and CWindows.

Thanks! Great appreciated :-)
ur_naz

Postby ur_naz » Aug 12, 2017 0:55

Can you add right margin to text editor and right margin width setting?
PaulSquires

Postby PaulSquires » Aug 12, 2017 13:53

ur_naz wrote:Can you add right margin to text editor and right margin width setting?

Thanks, no problem at all. This has now been added and will be part of the next upload.

Return to “Projects”