WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.7 May 31, 2020)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.1.8 (November 19, 2020)

Editor:
- Polish language file provided by Waldemar Pajak.
- Updated Italian language file provided by Massimiliano.
- For/Next loop variables were sometimes not being correctly identified when that option was enabled in Editor Options.
- Multiline comment blocks inside of sub/function blocks was not being parsed correctly causing sub/function definitions in the visual designer to be regenerated.
- The "Refresh" method would appear twice in the codetip popup menu for Forms.
- New Form files will default to .inc file extension if a project is active, otherwise the file extension will default to .bas.

Visual Designer:
- DateTimePicker control: font property not set correctly at run time.
- Menu Editor: added blank line to dropdown Shortcut key combobox so you can unselect any previously set shortcut key.
- PictureBox control: added property 'ImageFromFile' to be able to load images from disk.
- ListBox: backcolor of an empty list box was not being handled correctly.

Download from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
maurice

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.8 November 19, 2020)

Post by maurice »

Thank you Paul !!
xiaoyao

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.8 November 19, 2020)

Post by xiaoyao »

The author of IDE is really great. Thanks for your hard work
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

@PaulSquires: I was pretty sure I had a PlanetSquires forum login, but I can't find any info to what that might have been. If I don't have an account, could I request one?
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Imortis wrote:@PaulSquires: I was pretty sure I had a PlanetSquires forum login, but I can't find any info to what that might have been. If I don't have an account, could I request one?
Hi, I don't see an account under the name Imortis but I can certainly add a new account. Just send me an email to support@planetsquires.com because I have to input an email address when I create your account in order for the forum software to automatically send you a login password.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

PaulSquires wrote:
Imortis wrote:@PaulSquires: I was pretty sure I had a PlanetSquires forum login, but I can't find any info to what that might have been. If I don't have an account, could I request one?
Hi, I don't see an account under the name Imortis but I can certainly add a new account. Just send me an email to support@planetsquires.com because I have to input an email address when I create your account in order for the forum software to automatically send you a login password.
Done. Thanks.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

i see a lot of improvements in v.2 since v.1, but cyrillic is not supported yet by default =( and still poor settings systematization
Tonigau

Post by Tonigau »

I really like using FBEdit, I come from VB6 & Javascript environment & it is intuitive to use.

A feature that would be useful is to be able to set/reset breakpoints in code window (Just like VB), maybe could do it with ctrl clik or shft clik.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

Hi Paul, there was some detritus hanging out at the end of this topic. I don't think anyone will mind that it has been removed.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

coderJeff wrote:Hi Paul, there was some detritus hanging out at the end of this topic. I don't think anyone will mind that it has been removed.
Thanks for the clean up job. Much appreciated :-)
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.1.9 March 25, 2021)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.1.9 (March 25, 2021)
Editor:
- FreeBASIC Compiler v1.07.2 (with GCC 5.2). You can still use different backend toolchains via the SetCompilerPaths plugin.
- New Windows installer (winfbe_suite_setup.exe) create to help users who do not feel comfortable with standard compressed archive files. WinFBE is *not* designed to be installed into the Windows Program Files folder.
- Multiple find/replace selection highlights could occur if the user changed the active selection area after activating the Find/Replace dialog.
- Replace-dialog selection-highlight in code window out of sync with actual highlight (when 2nd+ selection performed).
- Find/Replace dialog active and pressing Ctrl+A to select all text in one of the find/replace textboxes would instead select all text in the current active code edit window.
- Split windows would not activate cold folding in both panes. Only one pane would respond to code folding margin margin clicks.
- SCEN_KILLFOCUS in WM_COMMAND was resetting the hWndActiveScintilla window to zero causing a situation whereby incorrect split pane could be used to display code from Sub/Functions selector combobox.
- Have noticed that with Code Folding enabled that file loading/parsing is somewhat slower. If you prefer faster document responsiveness maybe turn off the code folding option.
- Double periods ".." would appear within the default displayed filename in the 'Save As' dialog for new files being saved for the first time.
- Sample_Projects folder contained corrupted winfbe project files.

Visual Designer:
- MainMenu: MenuItem item in MenuItems collection would crash when retrieving text property value.
- TextBox: Removed the SelectionChanged event as that event is for RichEdit controls, not TextBoxes.
- Statusbar: Fixed not being able to fully delete the last remaining Statusbar Panel.
- Statusbar: Code generation error when Statusbar deleted from Form but Toolbar also exists.
- When an editable ToolBox property has focus, actions such as Select All and Cut would act on controls in the visual designer rather than on the text in the property itself.
- DateTimePicker: Within the visual designer now correctly displays the SelectedDate/SelectedTime. Code generation was always correct.
- ListBox: Corrected redraw/repaint issues of other controls on a Form when ListBox was empty.
- Image Manager: Form width is adjusted wider for non-English localizations.
- Image Manager: Filename edit button is now disabled if no valid image has been selected from the list of images.
- PictureBox: An invalid of empty image name will now clear any existing image from the control.
- Timer: Modified so that if the Interval property value is changed then the Timer will automatically get re-created with the new interval value

Download latest version from:
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 2.2.0 (March 26, 2021)

- Previous upload for version 2.1.9 did not include GCC toolchain for 32-bit FBC. It is now included so you can use the -gen gcc compiler flag to create 32-bit programs.

Download from:
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
deltarho[1859]

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Paul wrote:You can still use different backend toolchains via the SetCompilerPaths plugin.
That assumes that users know how to do that.

In the Tools folder there is drWinFBE_Tools.chm which tells us all we need to know about the SetCompilerSwitchesII and SetCompilerPathsII plugins.

I think that drWinFBE_Tools.chm should be loaded in the same way as Registers.chm so that it is available from WinFBE's Tool menu otherwise new users would not know that it existed.

Added:

Assuming that there are six entries in WinFBE's Tools menu then add the following to the [UserTools] section in WinFBE.ini (in the Settings folder)

Code: Select all

USERTOOL_06=User Tools Help|-|.\Tools\drWinFBE_Tools.chm|-||-|7|-||-|1|-|0|-|0|-|0|-|0|-|0|-|1|-|0
That will save you configuring 'User Tools...' in the Tools menu.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

FreeBASIC 1.07.2 gcc 8.3 (70.9MB) Unzip and place next to the 5.2 folder.

If you have not carried over a SetCompilersPathsII.ini, then create this:

SetCompilerPathsII.ini

Code: Select all

"5.2 1.07.2", "..\FreeBASIC-1.07.2-gcc-5.2\fbc32.exe", "..\FreeBASIC-1.07.2-gcc-5.2\fbc64.exe"
"8.3 1.07.2", "..\FreeBASIC-1.07.2-gcc-8.3\fbc32.exe", "..\FreeBASIC-1.07.2-gcc-8.3\fbc64.exe"
and put into the Tools folder.

8.3 usually produces smaller binaries. 8.3 usually produces faster binaries - my record is 15% faster than 5.2.

You have nothing to lose by giving 8.3 a try. Image