IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
VANYA

Re: IUP_FB_EDITOR (simple development environment)

Post by VANYA »

Lothar Schirm wrote:I think your editor works fine now for me.
I am glad.

I advise you to read the quick reference, especially about hotkeys. This will make it easier to use.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Hi Vanya
I've just tried out your editor, which looks great and works well.

As with most IDEs, it doesn't have a print feature that allows me to print out part or all of my code. I might be old fashioned, but I like to be able to print out my code. I scribble and make notes on it and, in my opinion, this is preferable to scrolling through screens and screens of code.

Would it be possible to incorporate a print code function in the menu, for people like me (I know I'm not on my own). It can be a game breaker!
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

@RNBW

You probably do this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway: Copy & Paste into Notepad and print from there.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi All!

RNBW! I'm busy with another project now, but when I'm free, I'll try to do print.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

@deltarho[1859]
Yes, Notepad++ is a way of printing out, but it's a bit of a bind. I'd much rather print directly from the IDE.

@Vanya
Thanks! That will be very much appreciated.
Lothar Schirm

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Hi Vanya,
if you will work again on your editor, I would propose a little change: In the actual version, when I write e.g. "For i = 1 To 10", the cursor does not jump to the next line, but one line further, so the code looks like this:

Code: Select all

For i = 1 To 10

Print i

Next

The same behaviour also for "Function", "Sub", "Select Case", ... Would it be possible to avoid these empty lines, like that:

For i = 1 To 10
  Print i
Next
And would it also be possible to switch off the automatic completion of such code blocks, so when I write "For i = 1 To 10", the cursor would just go to the next line (intented), but not complete the code block with "next". The same behaviour also for "Function", "Sub", "Select Case", ... This would make it easier sometimes to insert code into an existing code block. For example, when I write "Select Case", the editor completes the block by adding "End Select". If I want to insert a new line after "Select Case", the editor adds an other "End Select" if I had set the cursor at the end of the "Select Case" statement and pressed the Enter key.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Up to now I've only been experimenting with different code already written to make sure that the IDE would run the code. I get the same 'double line' problem as Lothar and agree with and second his comments.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Lothar Schirm wrote:Hi Vanya,
if you will work again on your editor, I would propose a little change: In the actual version, when I write e.g. "For i = 1 To 10", the cursor does not jump to the next line, but one line further, so the code looks like this:

For i = 1 To 10

Print i

Next

The same behaviour also for "Function", "Sub", "Select Case", ... Would it be possible to avoid these empty lines, like that:

For i = 1 To 10
  Print i
Next
I specifically did so, because it is convenient for me. With superfluous rows I read the code better.
Lothar Schirm wrote:And would it also be possible to switch off the automatic completion of such code blocks, so when I write "For i = 1 To 10", the cursor would just go to the next line (intented), but not complete the code block with "next". The same behaviour also for "Function", "Sub", "Select Case", ... This would make it easier sometimes to insert code into an existing code block. For example, when I write "Select Case", the editor completes the block by adding "End Select". If I want to insert a new line after "Select Case", the editor adds an other "End Select" if I had set the cursor at the end of the "Select Case" statement and pressed the Enter key.
In the sense of ? Fully disable? There are tick in the settings "AUTOCOMPLETE". If it is necessary, the code is not complemented at a certain point on a specific line, instead of the "Enter" key, press "SHIFT + ENTER" or "CTRL + ENTER"
Lothar Schirm

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Hallo Vanya,
In "Options - Customizing the Editor - General" I disabled "Autocomplete", but in "Another" I activated all Parser functions. Now it works as I proposed, except that there is no automatic intention after beginning a new code block, but that is no problem for me. Thank you.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Update editor

1) Added plugin for printing
2) Added an auto-completion option in the settings, whereby code completion occurs with or without an additional line. Example:

'no extra line
Do

Loop

with extra line
Do

Loop
I remind you that auto-completion in my editor is when, when typing for example Do and pressing ENTER, the Loop code appears.

3) Saving to file changed. This concerns the case of characters. Now, in what case the characters are in the editor, they will be in the same in the file (depending on the settings, of course). Previously, the editor only visually displayed characters, but what was typed was saved. Now, if the settings have upper case for keywords, then the file will be exactly like this. (In the settings, the option must be activated!)
4) Fixed (seems to be fixed) displaying the COLOR tab in the settings with different scaling settings in Windows.
5) The parser is now able to recognize the PRIVATE OPERATOR record
6) Bug fixes
Last edited by VANYA on Feb 13, 2021 6:11, edited 1 time in total.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

STOP!!!! I found a serious error in the code. Until I fix it, please don't download the latest version.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Fixed. The archives are updated.
Lothar Schirm

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Vanya, thank you very much for the update!
Jermy

Post by Jermy »

Vanya, Very handy simple editor

I found a little bug *fbc.exe

Dim As String sPath  = fdlg_dlg_open_proc(*IupConfigGetVariableStr(TGlobalVariables->hConfigL,TGlobalVariables->szLangid,"optionpathcompilier") , _
	!"FILTER =\"*fbc.exe\", FILTERINFO=\"fbc.exe\"")
i changed it to * .exe
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Jermy wrote:Vanya, Very handy simple editor

I found a little bug *fbc.exe

Dim As String sPath  = fdlg_dlg_open_proc(*IupConfigGetVariableStr(TGlobalVariables->hConfigL,TGlobalVariables->szLangid,"optionpathcompilier") , _
	!"FILTER =\"*fbc.exe\", FILTERINFO=\"fbc.exe\"")
i changed it to * .exe
Hi Jermy!

I specifically did this for beginners so that instead of fbc.exe they did not choose ld.exe, gdb.exe, etc.
However, here me still need to make an additional choice so that you can connect any EXE.

Thank all people for your feedbacks!