FreeBASIC IDE with enhanced debugging and project features

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Juergen Kuehlwein

Re: FreeBASIC IDE with enhanced debugging and project features

Post by Juergen Kuehlwein »

As a pre-release here is shared folder of my google drive with the latest version of fb_debug (both 32 and 64 bit version):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vzxme ... 1oBCXrV7Ge

The Car´s code doesn´t crash the debugger anymore and the above mentioned parameter problems seem to be fixed. I will run some more test before an official release.

There seems to be a problem with some versions of the include files. The IDE expects all included files to have CR-LF line ends. CR or LF alone will cause malfunction. I plan to add code which accounts for that.

The "Step Over" button should make the debugger step over procedures, but in fact this doesn´t work always as expected. I will try to fix all of this for the next release.

JK
The Car

Post by The Car »

Thanks for the pre-release. I am able to debug code now using the new exes!
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.0.1 is online, by clicking on the "Name" column in debugger you may now select a procedure or a variable in a combobox, debugging dlls is possible in FreeBASIC too, fixed some problems with debugging in FB. Added "#utility 32#64" for compiling a 32 AND 64 bit executable in FreeBASIC in one go.

JK
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Juergen Kuehlwein wrote:There seems to be a problem with some versions of the include files.
The IDE expects all included files to have CR-LF line ends. CR or LF alone will cause malfunction.
No, the problem (in this case) is the erroneous assumption, that line endings are M$ specific
(which they are clearly not in FB, being multi OS).

This simply means, that a IDE must be able to handle all possible line endings.
(in FBEdit, the same issue was solved, with a plugin ...)
Juergen Kuehlwein

Juergen Kuehlwein wrote:
There seems to be a problem (for the IDE) with some versions of the include files.
The IDE expects all included files to have CR-LF line ends. CR or LF alone will cause malfunction.
No, the problem (in this case) is the erroneous assumption, that line endings are M$ specific
(which they are clearly not in FB, being multi OS).

This simply means, that a IDE must be able to handle all possible line endings.
(in FBEdit, the same issue was solved, with a plugin ...)

Sorry for having been misleading in my wording - as of V 2.4.0.1 it does handle this ...

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.0.2 is online, the debugger for FreeBASIC is fully functional now, please read the help file ("Debugging") for further information,

added a new feature: color themes and a dark mode switch for toggling between the current theme and dark mode, please read about themes in the help file, there might be some minor drawing problems with dark mode, but basically it works

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.0.3 is online, fixed some problems with the code formatter for PowerBASIC, made it work with FreeBASIC as well

JK
The Car

Post by The Car »

Thanks for the updates Juergen. Will let you know if I have any more issues with debugging.

Eric
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.5.0 is online, added support for GIT version control system and fixed some minor problems, please read about GIT in the help file

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.5.1 is online, improved support for GIT version control system and fixed some bugs in FreeBASIC (private/public procedures weren´t parsed properly), please read about GIT in the help file. The debugger now can work with namespaces too.

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.5.3 is online, there was an unnecessary error message starting PB-Forms or the Visual Designer, when there were no open files in the IDE

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.5.4 is online, fixed minor visual and help issues, adaptions and additions in the help file

JK
Juergen Kuehlwein

Hi all,

V 2.4.5.5 is online - fixed a lot of minor things, improved definition and dependency search for FreeBASIC

JK
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

How can I set that path for custom INC files (with *.BAS files in subfolders, just like the FBC/INC folder)?
Juergen Kuehlwein

Sorry for the delay, i somehow missed your question.

You may use the -i ... command line switch, or (this is a feature of the IDE) #INCPATH ... in code, which does the same.

There is a quite comprehensive help file: Help Menu/JK-IDE Help, please read about FreeBASIC specific things in the FreeBASIC topic. If you still have questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

The IDE currently adds some dynamic wide string features on it´s own (USTRING, string helper functions), which are about to become part of the compiler. So there will be some changes in the future regarding USTRINGs, e.g.: the need of prepending "**" for USTRINGs will disappear (code using "**" will still be valid), ustring.inc will become ustring.bi and the like.

JK