VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Cretin Ho

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Cretin Ho »

Your code changed too drastically over time. I used to compiled it fine on FreeBSD/x86_64 but today it's broken:

Code: Select all

/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Designer.bas(1499) error 215: Only static members can be accessed from static functions, found 'mnuDesigner'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Designer.bas(1708) error 215: Only static members can be accessed from static functions, found 'mnuDesigner'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/TabWindow.bas(5234) error 181: Invalid assignment/conversion
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/TabWindow.bas(5235) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/TabWindow.bas(5236) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/TabWindow.bas(5236) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Debug.bas(6141) error 181: Invalid assignment/conversion
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Debug.bas(6142) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Debug.bas(6143) error 28: Expected pointer, before '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Debug.bas(6143) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found '->'
/usr/home/fellow/Downloads/VisualFBEditor/src/Debug.bas(6143) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
mff.asm: Assembler messages:
mff.asm:145065: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:145124: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:150115: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:150180: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:156289: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:156354: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:161491: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
mff.asm:161556: Error: Incorrect register `eax' used with `q' suffix
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Cretin Ho wrote:Your code changed too drastically over time. I used to compiled it fine on FreeBSD/x86_64 but today it's broken:
Fixed:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 0d196997ab
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

How to specify GTK version used to build VisualFBEditor and MyFbFramework? The GTK3 version is too unstable on my FreeBSD/x86_64 (this is previous version, didn't test if your latest fix worked or not), I want to try GTK2.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Cretin Ho wrote:How to specify GTK version used to build VisualFBEditor and MyFbFramework? The GTK3 version is too unstable on my FreeBSD/x86_64 (this is previous version, didn't test if your latest fix worked or not), I want to try GTK2.
Need to remove or comment #define __USE_GTK3__ (VisualFBEditor -> VisualFBEditor.bas, MyFbFramework -> mff.bi)
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote:
Cretin Ho wrote:Your code changed too drastically over time. I used to compiled it fine on FreeBSD/x86_64 but today it's broken:
Fixed:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 0d196997ab
This fixed the compilation error. But the mff.asm error is still there. After a while I discovered that fbc is invoking the wrong as version. FreeBSD's /usr/bin/as is incompatible with modern gas. The correct as is in /usr/local/bin/as. I hacked the PATH environment variable to put /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin and now it compiled just fine.

Unfortunately I also discovered that the splash screen bug is coming back and there is no way to close the splash screen, clicking on it like you previously told us or click outside both do not work. The bug Illegal instruction (core dumped) is still there. So basically nothing changed since the last time we talked.

I will go to IUP_FB_EDITOR to see if I have more luck. As it uses IUP, another layer of abstraction while you use your own MyFbFramework (uses GTK directly), I hope it will be more portable than yours.
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

Cretin Ho wrote:How to specify GTK version used to build VisualFBEditor and MyFbFramework? The GTK3 version is too unstable on my FreeBSD/x86_64 (this is previous version, didn't test if your latest fix worked or not), I want to try GTK2.
Need to remove or comment #define __USE_GTK3__ (VisualFBEditor -> VisualFBEditor.bas, MyFbFramework -> mff.bi)
Successfully have a GTK2 version, verified by ldd. The GTK2 version doesn't have the splash screen bug but the Illegal instruction (core dumped) bug is the same.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Cretin Ho wrote:
Successfully have a GTK2 version, verified by ldd. The GTK2 version doesn't have the splash screen bug but the Illegal instruction (core dumped) bug is the same.
At what point does "core dumped" appear?
Cretin Ho

Post by Cretin Ho »

Cretin Ho wrote:
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Need to remove or comment #define __USE_GTK3__ (VisualFBEditor -> VisualFBEditor.bas, MyFbFramework -> mff.bi)
At what point does "core dumped" appear?
Like previous attempts. Core dumped when choose "Command prompt", or start a new project with any template, just click the button then it immediately crashed and core dumped. If you interested in debugging I suggest setting up a FreeBSD VM to try yourself, you can't debug a problem when depending on other people's feedback. But I really think you should just ignore the unofficial port of FreeBASIC (anything other than Linux, Windows) and focus on improving the stability and functionality of your IDE on the official supported platforms. I think myself have more luck with IUP_FB_EDITOR, but currently I can't get IUP to build on FreeBSD. Another abstraction layer, more portable, but will have additional problem like this. You are dealing directly with GTK and even have a framework of yourself, this is a plus point of you, as you don't have to depend on another abstraction layer like IUP.

I will stop post here and focus on IUP_FB_EDITOR. Thank you for all of your helps.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Added new version:
Version 1.2.8 (May 16, 2021)
- Added: Open Last Opened File Type to Options
- Added: Real Numbers option to Code Editor Colors
- Fixed: Show message in Debug
- Added: StatusBar Editor
- Added: Project Properties: Change Appilcation Icon
- Added: ImageList Editor
- Added: ToolBar Editor
- Added: Add Spaces function
- Added: Identifiers and Numbers syntax higlighting
- Fixed: Define variables (F2) with square brackets
- Added: Show Keywords Tooltip option
- Added: LLVM and GAS64 compile variants to Project Properties
- Added: Open Help with xCHM in Linux
- Added: FreeBasic keywords tooltip
- Fixed: Complete word
- Fixed: Add end construction to #Ifdef, #ifndef
- Improved: Keywords
- Added: Save Prompt Dialog
- Added: Advanced options to Project Properties
- Added: Change Font and Color in Properties Window
- Fixed: Reduced number of GDI objects
- Added: Work with image files in Designer
- Added: Image Manager
- Added: TopMenu to Designer form
- Added: Menu Editor
- Added: Default event menu item to Designer Popup menu
- Fixed: Cut, Copy, Paste components
- Fixed: Current and Default compiler option
- Fixed: Linux compile arguments
- Added: Command option to External Tools
- Added: Other Editors option
- Fixed: Debug on Linux (by default gdb console)
- Fixed: Fixed: Command Prompt in Linux
hungnguyengia

Post by hungnguyengia »

After setting up the correct compiler path and applied the setting. This is everything I could see since then. Close the application then start it again doesn't help. Try creating a new project doesn't help, still this blank window.

https://imgbox.com/ahn4Vu58

I don't want to be rude. But is it BETA software? If it's so should you edit the title to state it clear? It breaks so often.

p/s: back to Windows after my days on Linux.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

hungnguyengia wrote:After setting up the correct compiler path and applied the setting. This is everything I could see since then. Close the application then start it again doesn't help. Try creating a new project doesn't help, still this blank window.

I don't want to be rude. But is it BETA software? If it's so should you edit the title to state it clear? It breaks so often.

Is it on Windows or Linux? It looks like Windows in the picture. What version of the operating system?
hungnguyengia

Post by hungnguyengia »

hungnguyengia wrote:After setting up the correct compiler path and applied the setting. This is everything I could see since then. Close the application then start it again doesn't help. Try creating a new project doesn't help, still this blank window.

Is it on Windows or Linux? It looks like Windows in the picture. What version of the operating system?
Windows 7 64 bit.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

hungnguyengia wrote:

Windows 7 64 bit.
I tried on Windows 7. And didn't find any errors. At me, the window shows normally.
And no errors were found when creating a new project.
hungnguyengia

Post by hungnguyengia »

hungnguyengia wrote:
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Is it on Windows or Linux? It looks like Windows in the picture. What version of the operating system?
Windows 7 64 bit.
I tried on Windows 7. And didn't find any errors. At me, the window shows normally.
And no errors were found when creating a new project.
I will try again. Maybe I'm just bad luck.
hungnguyengia

Post by hungnguyengia »

You could clearly see that the layout is messed. This time it's not a blank window but a messed up interface.