FreeBasic Framework

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
paul doe

FreeBasic Framework

Postby paul doe » Nov 04, 2019 21:19

Following the discussions here, I decided to revamp my framework a little (since 1.07.1 is out, and has some features I needed). The preliminary results can be seen here:

FreeBasic Framework

Laid out mostly as a set of interoperable classes, there's also a templating framework (which is the basis of it all) to create your own templated types.

coderJeff wrote:...
4) #macro & #define are typically only usable where a simple text substitution would work. #macro & #define are not well suited as-is to extend the language itself since preprocessor has very limited capability as far as a macro language goes. Developing additional token processing operators or macro-text processing functions is a possibility, but there are other issues.

You would be surprised. I would like to see a more advanced preprocessor implemented, though. There were some things that were really challenging to implement and required some serious thought to make them work (making templating work within namespaces was one of them). Anyway, really nice work with 1.07.1 guys! (I'm using the Gcc 8 toolchain); no serious hiccups to report here.

I'm developing this along a commercial app, but this code is MIT so there aren't any troubles in posting this here. Bugs? Comments? Suggestions? Report, please.
Last edited by paul doe on Nov 05, 2019 21:02, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Zergling

Re: FreeBasic Framework

Postby Lost Zergling » Nov 05, 2019 13:30

To the extent that OOP is considered a mandatory point of passage, it may be appropriate to consider the possibilities. In the classical object design, one generally considers that the state of the system results from the organization of the objects between them. The "classic" design is mental representation in a two-dimensional way: the system is the sheet of paper on which the result is organized. If we try to imagine a multi-layer system, there is the question of the organization and communication of the subsystems between them: either that objects are able to interact in conceptually distinct subsystems, or that objects are able to exchange messages to guide their behavior. The modeling of such a set is no longer limited to the sum of the modeling of the subsystems because the question of the setting of the relations is a function of the model of description of each conceptual layer. In my opinion and also seen from this angle, integrating more consideration of the accessibility of the conceptual dimension, the project would seems to me particularly interesting (and arduous). This post is based on my overall understanding of this project (and what it inspire to me), some of the technical aspects elude me, sorry for any misunderstanding.
paul doe

Re: FreeBasic Framework

Postby paul doe » Nov 06, 2019 21:55

Just a small update. Revamped the event system (NOW it works as I wanted), and added examples for collections usage (forgot those before).

Return to “Projects”