New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 15:05

Are there so few people using BASIC language now?

So many popular programming languages are now C-type languages. But looking at the entire BASIC language family, except VB and VB.NET, the situation of other languages is very bleak. But I found that the performance of PowerBASIC, PureBASIC, FreeBASIC and other languages is also good, but why are so few people use it? Some people even say that the BASIC language is useless, is it really useless?
VFB author "Yong Fang" Reply: Mainly no one promotes, no one writes tutorials, only in the hearts of BASIC enthusiasts.
To be honest, FB does not lose C at all, and many advantages over C, but unfortunately it is unprofitable, so promotion is difficult
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby Imortis » May 05, 2020 15:19

Can we get a slightly friendlier download option? I don't want to have to create a QQ or WeChat account to download.
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby Imortis » May 05, 2020 15:21

@xiaoyao: Please do not post links to this thread in unrelated threads. Like I said earlier, that is not how we do things here.
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 15:51

Imortis wrote:Can we get a slightly friendlier download option? I don't want to have to create a QQ or WeChat account to download.

You may not have seen it clearly, at the beginning of this thread,i put 2 download link in github and china website.
join QQ GROUP,IT'S ONLY the way for talking on line.

It's like you are directly calling Bill Gates, tweeting, chatting with instant messaging tools, and it's more convenient than texting.
The author of VFB is also a very interesting and Strong programming skills person. Even if it has nothing to do with the IDE, there are still many members discussing WINDOWS API calls together, and learning programming skills is not bad.
Last edited by xiaoyao on May 05, 2020 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 16:00

Imortis wrote:@xiaoyao: Please do not post links to this thread in unrelated threads. Like I said earlier, that is not how we do things here.

I just replied 2 messages to a few topics about "relevant" and "relevant". I recommend them to try vfb IDE.
For example, in the "Vbforums" VB language forum, the main exchange VB6, VB.NET, vba programming language,
But I also recommend "freebasic", because Freebasic is not a newly created language, and these three things are inseparable, replace them or supplement.
Even I also recommended B4A (an Android APP development tool, their company also has IOS APP development tool), which is a visual development method using Visual basic, BASIC syntax.

If any programmer genius used freebasic to develop an Android app development tool, it would be perfect.
Vbforums:http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier
b4a ide:https://www.b4x.com/
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 16:14

Write an IDE or SoftWare Tool with Freebasic code, convert it to VB6 code, and use VB6's compiler. Or converting VB6 code to Freebasic code is very interesting.
The principle of B4A IDE tool is to convert BASIC code into Java code.
So the main techniques here are: transcoding, developing IDEs in different languages, and using different compilers.
Imagine using Freebasic to write code directly, convert it to VC ++ code, and call compilers such as VC. This is all feasible.
Last edited by xiaoyao on May 05, 2020 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tourist Trap
Posts: 2910
Joined: Jun 02, 2015 16:24

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby Tourist Trap » May 05, 2020 16:36

Imortis wrote:I don't want to have to create a QQ or WeChat account to download.

Hi Imortis, there is a link pointing to Github that you can use. Files will be about 150 Mo in total with sources and examples as far as I can see.
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby Imortis » May 05, 2020 16:53

Tourist Trap wrote:Hi Imortis, there is a link pointing to Github that you can use. Files will be about 150 Mo in total with sources and examples as far as I can see.

I have done that, but I can't find anything in that source code that looks like a main file to compile from. All files have an INC extension, plus the folder names are unreadable on my system since I don't have Chinese language installed on my machine. Also, even if I did, I can't read it and would have to work to translate every folder name manually to get something I could work work with.

The IDE looks interesting, but xiaoyao is not making this an easy prospect to test it.

Also, xiaoyao is posting things about this product in other threads, unrelated to this IDE, essentially advertising his product in other peoples houses. Rather aggressively, I might add.

Please keep any posts related to the IDE in this thread. No one wants the forum equivalent of popup ads all over the place. I will remove them all if I have to.
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 17:16

Imortis wrote:@xiaoyao: Please do not post links to this thread in unrelated threads. Like I said earlier, that is not how we do things here.

Hope @Imortis do n’t delete my related reply first, see what @Kuan Hsu, the publisher of "poseidonF IDE development tool", thinks?
Whether to allow other forum members to reply to the text of other Freebasic IDEs, or only to exchange the "poseidonFB" product, and to prohibit the exchange and discussion of "WinFBE Editor", "VB6" and other IDE tools under this topic

@Kuan Hsu is a Taiwanese, "Yongfang" is the author of vfb, all Chinese, maybe they will become friends.

If (poseidonFB) IDE is paid, and vfb (Visual Freebasic) is free, it will lead to a reduction in the benefits of commercial paid software. This is not an advertisement, but it will cause a decrease in profit. The owner of the post can be deleted if it is unhappy.
And now I just sent a reply on page 68. It is recommended that other "members" who have replied to this post also try another Freebasic IDE to compare the advantages and disadvantages of different IDE development tools.

VFB IDE is permanently free, purely personal development, nor is it a commercial development tool suite launched by a company.
I am not the author, I am only a user of this software, and I do n’t use much, I mainly use VB6 development, I think this software development is more convenient, so I recommend more people to try.
Previously, there was no English version of this software. With my suggestion, now the English version has also completed part of the work. I hope that more global Visual Basic fans will use it together. You can also develop plug-ins to enhance the functionality of this IDE.
All goals are for the benefit of VB enthusiasts.

Advertisement, as the name implies, is to advertise and inform the general public about something. In terms of its meaning, advertising has a broad sense and a narrow sense.
Non-economic advertisements refer to advertisements that are not for profit, such as government announcements, announcements and statements by political parties, religions, education, culture, municipalities, and social organizations.
Economic advertising refers to advertising for profit, usually commercial advertising. It is a means of distributing product or service information to consumers or users through advertising media for the purpose of selling goods or providing services through advertising media. Commercial advertising is such an economic advertisement.
Imortis
Moderator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Jun 02, 2005 15:10
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby Imortis » May 05, 2020 17:24

xiaoyao wrote:If (poseidonFB) IDE is paid, and vfb (Visual Freebasic) is free, it will lead to a reduction in the benefits of commercial paid software.


It is not paid software.

xiaoyao wrote:VFB IDE is permanently free, purely personal development, nor is it a commercial development tool suite launched by a company.
I am not the author, I am only a user of this software, and I do n’t use much, I mainly use VB6 development, I think this software development is more convenient, so I recommend more people to try.
Previously, there was no English version of this software. With my suggestion, now the English version has also completed part of the work. I hope that more global Visual Basic fans will use it together. You can also develop plug-ins to enhance the functionality of this IDE.
All goals are for the benefit of VB enthusiasts.


That is fine. There is no reason to go to other threads about other IDEs and post about this one there. If people are interested, they will find this thread.

xiaoyao wrote:Advertisement, as the name implies, is to advertise and inform the general public about something. In terms of its meaning, advertising has a broad sense and a narrow sense.
Non-economic advertisements refer to advertisements that are not for profit, such as government announcements, announcements and statements by political parties, religions, education, culture, municipalities, and social organizations.
Economic advertising refers to advertising for profit, usually commercial advertising. It is a means of distributing product or service information to consumers or users through advertising media for the purpose of selling goods or providing services through advertising media. Commercial advertising is such an economic advertisement.


You may not gain financially from promoting the product, but that is not the point. You have come to the forum for the express purpose of spreading knowledge of this IDE. This thread is sufficient for that.
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 17:25

Imortis wrote:@xiaoyao: Please do not post links to this thread in unrelated threads. Like I said earlier, that is not how we do things here.

(VFB IDE) author "Yong Fang", he is a pure programmer who has been seriously developing this IDE tool for 4 years.
He never had the time and interest to promote it, as if he did not want others to know the product.
I am also not an author. I like people to reply to discussions about other Freebasic programming IDEs in this thread.
Take advantage of the shortcomings, some functions can be imitated, if you don't want to do it, just ignore it.
There has never been an English version of Freebasic (IDE) before. In recent months, there has been an outbreak of the "new crown virus" in the world,i have time ,so create some bbs page for Communicate some programming technical issues and share programming tools with developers around the world.
Dozens of hundreds of source code engineering examples are all Chinese folders, and the Chinese "file name" does not yet have a normal product status.
In such a situation, do you still advertise? That's not a joke.
Therefore, this is not an advertisement, only a recommendation. If one or two people can use this tool seriously and make some suggestions, we will be very satisfied.

It is a pity that the development time of VFB is almost 4 years, and almost no one in the forum of Freebasic.net knows this IDE tool software.
The author did not publish in the global VisualBasic related technical forums, Freebasic and other communities, a great product, but only dozens of people are using it.
Good products also need to be released and need to be communicated to let more people know.

Since the post "poseidonFB" posted in September 2015 has been developed for 4 and a half years, how useful is it?
Free development also takes a lot of cost and time. I do n’t know what force supports it. How many programmers have participated in the development? Is it an individual or a company?
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic),Like vb6,vb7

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 17:52

Imortis wrote:
Tourist Trap wrote:Hi Imortis, there is a link pointing to Github that you can use. Files will be about 150 Mo in total with sources and examples as far as I can see.

I have done that, but I can't find anything in that source code that looks like a main file to compile from. All files have an INC extension, plus the folder names are unreadable on my system since I don't have Chinese language installed on my machine. Also, even if I did, I can't read it and would have to work to translate every folder name manually to get something I could work work with.

The IDE looks interesting, but xiaoyao is not making this an easy prospect to test it.

You can find this example: \ Projects \ Comprehensive Sample Questions \ hookAP \ hookAPI.ffp
The project file is a file format with * .ffp suffix
You need to change the Chinese folder and file name to "English"
At the same time, use the Notepad tool to open "hookAPI.ffp" and modify the "Chinese" information in it to English:
LastRunFilename = hookAPI.exe
ProjectName = hookAPI
After you are proficient, you can open the * .fftp project format in the IDE and set the "Project Properties".
However, many interfaces of the IDE are still Chinese characters. If the system you use does not have a Chinese language pack installed, the text on the buttons may become garbled.
systemctl
Posts: 182
Joined: Mar 27, 2020 5:15

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Postby systemctl » May 05, 2020 17:56

Please don't post new threads or hijack people's threads. Already logged in users like us have the New posts features to check for New posts and we obviously could see your thread. Just post on this thread, please.
PaulSquires
Posts: 882
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 23:41

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Postby PaulSquires » May 05, 2020 19:25

xiaoyao wrote:Until 2015, the FireFly software developed by American Paul Squith appeared...

I am Canadian, not American. And it's Squires, not Squith.

Although FireFly has brought great progress to FB's IDE, many are unsatisfactory and really difficult to use, so Yongfang began patching FireFly for more than 2 years at the end of 2016, because there is no source code, only Use DLL combined with plug-in technology to repair. Research FireFly has gradually accumulated a lot of experience in IDE.

Interesting how much my FireFly program has been reverse engineered.

Paul Squith wanted to use FreeBASIC to develop. Since 2017, he has developed a software called WinFBE, and it is open source, but the development efficiency is too low 3 years later, this software still looks semi-finished, and it is only suitable for experts to play, novices can not play at all, and it seriously deviates from the original FireFly way.

Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence, Sheesh. :-(
xiaoyao
Posts: 77
Joined: May 05, 2020 2:01

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 19:51

PaulSquires wrote:
xiaoyao wrote:Until 2015, the FireFly software developed by American Paul Squith appeared...

I am Canadian, not American. And it's Squires, not Squith.
Interesting how much my FireFly program has been reverse engineered.

WinFBE, and it is open source

sorry about Canadian/American,
Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence, Sheesh. :-(

i'm only a new visulaFreeBasic User,not The author of this IDE about vfb5.
now is "vfb5",if update to version 6.0,maybe it's real like vb6。But I think this is just a joke. It is too difficult to reach the height of Microsoft. How can a tool developed by one person compare with the engineering development team of hundreds of thousands of people at Microsoft.

FireFly this Freebasic ide tool is really easy to use, thank you for your invention.
"yong fang" only loading a dll to Enhance the function of IDE. Like the Add-in plug-in of VB6, the code editing area can support the mouse wheel and code formatting. Because your source code is not public, and you do not have an open interface, you can only do some optimizations that make the IDE easier to use, such as adding some menus, adding some function windows, and function code libraries.
Like there is no VB6 source code, he does not support multi-threading. Some technically powerful programmers have found some methods to support multi-threading after compilation, but they cannot debug in the IDE.
Generating COM DLL, OCX, GUID will change every time, it is also a headache.
Last edited by xiaoyao on May 05, 2020 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests