Toad On Fire [beta]

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
ecxjoe

Re: Toad On Fire [beta]

Post by ecxjoe »

mrToad wrote:
ecxjoe wrote:I just joined the discord server.
There's joe! toadfarm. :)

Give me a little time. I was pleased to see you got some great feedback already. I'm almost scared to release my demo when I see such criticism being flung your way. Insert [useful!]. That's what we need. We get blind by our own works, but outward perspectives can help. I will tell you this though, from much experience in hard-core poetry workshops: listen to everything, apply only what you have mediated on and agree with, and forget the rest. It's your project, not everyone's, and you can't please everyone. However everyone is invaluable when they provide feedback. The most valuable feedback comes in waves / people will repeat (without even reading other feedback) the same thing twice, three times, dozens or more - that's the stuff you want to pay attention to the most.
Thanks mrToad!

I expected to get a lot of feedback on bugs. I wanted it in a better state before doing beta, but that was taking too long so I just put it out there and started working on bugs people were reporting. This was the better way to go, turns out -- helps keep perspective on the items I need to finish.