Toad On Fire [beta]

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
ecxjoe

Toad On Fire [beta]

Post by ecxjoe »

Hello all! It's finally here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1417020/.

If anyone would like to help beta test, reply here and I'll PM you a steam key. Or, if you don't have steam, I can give you a login to download the latest beta as a zip or 7z file.

This runs on Windows. But, if you use Linux, I have builds for that too I'd really appreciate having you test.

Here's a few screenshots. More on the steam store page.

VANYA

Re: Toad On Fire [beta]

Post by VANYA »

Hi ecxjoe!

I would like to play your game on Linux. If it's not difficult for you, please post the files for Linux.
classd2008

Post by classd2008 »

I can test on Linux and Windows
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

Congratulations Joe! You brought this game all the way - now it stands right at the finish line. That's a pretty gratifying accomplishment, yea? Also feel good to be done? (Well, very almost done! It's coming.)

I like that feeling, I just need to finish things more often. :)

I removed Steam last week since I wasn't using it much, but I'm going to install again and play Toad On Fire! hmm...
*pssst* hey, *nudge, whispers* you haven't really been wanting to light me on fire all this time ... have you? No hard feelings? Hacking your accounts, and all that stuff... it's in the past right?
ecxjoe

Post by ecxjoe »

@VANYA
@classd2008
@mrToad

I planned to send the codes and download links through private message, but it seems to not be an option anymore. Am I correct?

I'll set up a small form elsewhere for this and post back here when it's ready. Shouldn't be more than a day.
Last edited by ecxjoe on Mar 19, 2021 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
ecxjoe

Post by ecxjoe »

mrToad wrote:*pssst* hey, *nudge, whispers* you haven't really been wanting to light me on fire all this time ... have you? No hard feelings? Hacking your accounts, and all that stuff... it's in the past right?
... what?
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

ecxjoe wrote:... what?
Explanation:
Your game is called Toad On Fire, and my username is mrToad.
You had pent-up anger for me about the past, so you crafted a game about me running for my life, with my poor butt on fire.

My whole joke failed though, because I forgot the storyline, and now I read it says that the toad is 'armed with a flamethrower', setting frogs on fire. So, actually the toad becomes a hero.

Now I'm in trouble, since I confessed my secret that I hacked you!

^ Also a joke.

Sorry, mrToad is nothing like Smokey the toad, He's just silly ;)

P.S. I didn't realize there was no demo on Steam. Also I haven't used PM in a long time, so I don't know if it's working; if not, that's a shame, because it would be nice to contact each other privately in some way besides posting email. But I have a secondary email that I don't care about, I can type it right here if needed. :) Thank you for sharing, I'm looking forward to it.
ecxjoe

Post by ecxjoe »

VANYA wrote:Hi ecxjoe!

I would like to play your game on Linux. If it's not difficult for you, please post the files for Linux.
What's your flavor and version/build of Linux that you use?
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

ecxjoe wrote:
VANYA wrote:Hi ecxjoe!

What's your flavor and version/build of Linux that you use?
linux mint 19
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Just posting here to say I've been beta testing this on Steam and I highly recommend it. This is one of the very best FreeBASIC games to date. :)
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

ecxjoe wrote:...
I'll set up a small form elsewhere for this and post back here when it's ready. Shouldn't be more than a day.
Where? I would like to test it, too...
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

=[
Where ya go, joe?
ecxjoe

Post by ecxjoe »

Hello. Sorry, I got overwhelmed by some personal items the last few weeks. I'm still alive.
ecxjoe

Post by ecxjoe »

I just joined the discord server. Anyone from this thread not on it? I'm not sure how to get it to you otherwise. Anyone can email me from here and I'll get back to you.
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

ecxjoe wrote:I just joined the discord server.
There's joe! toadfarm. :)

Give me a little time. I was pleased to see you got some great feedback already. I'm almost scared to release my demo when I see such criticism being flung your way. Insert [useful!]. That's what we need. We get blind by our own works, but outward perspectives can help. I will tell you this though, from much experience in hard-core poetry workshops: listen to everything, apply only what you have mediated on and agree with, and forget the rest. It's your project, not everyone's, and you can't please everyone. However everyone is invaluable when they provide feedback. The most valuable feedback comes in waves / people will repeat (without even reading other feedback) the same thing twice, three times, dozens or more - that's the stuff you want to pay attention to the most.