Squares

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
albert

Post by albert »

@Richard

A particle at rest must stay at rest, etc...

So, attraction/repulsion must be mechanical.

So, That means magnetics must be mechanical...

I've been working on theories now for ten or so years trying to solve the mechanics..

Frequencies which are compression/expansion waves, must emminate in a physical substance, therefore space-time must be physical, as particals still attract/repel in a vacum..

If particals can exist in a vacum then space-time must exist in a vacum..
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

albert wrote:@Richard

A particle at rest must stay at rest, etc...

So, attraction/repulsion must be mechanical.

So, That means magnetics must be mechanical...

I've been working on theories now for ten or so years trying to solve the mechanics..

Frequencies which are compression/expansion waves, must emminate in a physical substance, therefore space-time must be physical, as particals still attract/repel in a vacum..

If particals can exist in a vacum then space-time must exist in a vacum..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteresis
Hysteresis is the last defense of a single quanta. Violence is the last resort of the incompetent.

~Kiyote!
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Hey, too much "physics".
Robin of York goes back in vain.
Ditched the polynomials, used piecemeal instead
Outer rainbow done, inner to do, but hey again, it's SATURDAY night.

Code: Select all

#include "fbgfx.bi"
Screen 19,32,1,fb.GFX_ALPHA_PRIMITIVES
Type bow
    As Integer min,max,z
    As Single br,bg,bb,ba
End Type

Function rainbow(p As bow) As Uinteger
    Dim As Uinteger r,g,b
    Dim As Double gap=(p.max-p.min)/6
    If p.z>=p.min-2*gap And p.z<p.min Then
        r=(255-p.br)*(p.z-p.min+2*gap)/(2*gap)+p.br
        g=-p.bg*(p.z-p.min+2*gap)/(2*gap)+p.bg
        b=-p.bb*(p.z-p.min+2*gap)/(2*gap)+p.bb
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If
    If p.z>=p.min And p.z<p.min+gap Then  'red to orange
        r=255                '  r none
        g=165*(p.z-p.min)/(gap)'0  0 g 165
        b=0                  'b none
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If

If p.z>=p.min+gap And p.z<p.min+2*gap Then 'orange to yellow
        r=255                  'r none
        g=90*(p.z-p.min-gap)/gap+165'165  165 g 255
        b=0                    'b none
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If
    If p.z>=p.min+2*gap And p.z<p.min+3*gap Then 'yellow to green
        r=-255*(p.z-p.min-2*gap)/gap+255'255  255 r 0
        g=-127*(p.z-p.min-2*gap)/gap+255'255  255 g 128
        b=0
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If
    If p.z>=p.min+3*gap And p.z<p.min+4*gap Then 'green to blue
        r=0                           'r none
        g=-128*(p.z-p.min-3*gap)/gap +128'128         '128 g 0
        b=255*(p.z-p.min-3*gap)/gap'0                '0 b 255
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If

If p.z>=p.min+4*gap And p.z<p.min+5*gap Then'blue to indigo
        r=75*(p.z-p.min-4*gap)/gap'0                         '0 r 75
        g=0                          '0 g 0
        b=-125*(p.z-p.min-4*gap)/gap+255'255                        '255 b 130
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If

If p.z>=p.min+5*gap And p.z<p.min+6*gap Then'indigo to violet
        r=163*(p.z-p.min-5*gap)/gap+75'75                        ' 75 r 238
        g=130*(p.z-p.min-5*gap)/gap'0                         '0 g 130
        b=108*(p.z-p.min-5*gap)/gap+130'130                        '130 b 238
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If

If p.z>=p.min+6*gap And p.z<p.min+8*gap Then
        r=(p.br-238)*(p.z-p.min-6*gap)/(2*gap)+238
        g=(p.bg-130)*(p.z-p.min-6*gap)/(2*gap)+130
        b=(p.bb-238)*(p.z-p.min-6*gap)/(2*gap)+238
        Return Rgba(r,g,b,p.ba)
    End If

Return Rgba(p.br,p.bg,p.bb,p.ba)
End Function

Dim As bow r1
''' type<bow>(inner radius,outer radius,0,background r,g,b,alpha)
r1=Type<bow>(300,350,0,115,157,241,200)
#define distance(cx,cy,px,py) sqr( (cx-px)*(cx-px)+(cy-py)*(cy-py))
Paint(0,0),Rgb(115,157,241)
'(cx,cy) = centre
Dim As Double d,cx=400,cy=600
For x As Integer=0 To 800
    For y As Integer=0 To 600
        r1.z=distance(cx,cy,x,y)
        Pset (x,y),rainbow(r1)
    Next y
Next x
Print "done"

Sleep

albert

Post by albert »

@Richard

Well ? I'm trying to figure how attraction / repulsion occurs..

It must be by mechanical means, as nothing can pull toward or away from something else except by mechanical means..

Motion / energy cannot create itself , but requires physical manipulation ,either of the medium or the mass.. (common sense / logic)

Figuring it out is worth a "Nobel Prize in 'Physics' "..
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

Hysteris loops are two perpendicular tangental wires with magnetic fields.
It rotates in two axis as it tries to move through the pair, no matter how close they are together.
Richard

Post by Richard »

@ Albert.
How you visualise your “particular mechanical” reality of Physics, along with the terms and language you choose to visualise or communicate in, is up to you. Others will never understand your statements because you use terms differently to Physicists and completely avoid mathematics. The language you use is more in the style of the “New Age” than the scientific. Any scientific reasoning or communication in that language is as meaningless as reading alphabet soup, all discussion is futile.

The mathematics of Physics is well defined and tested. If your mechanical model of the universe does not fit the accepted mathematical framework of Physics then your model is clearly unreal. Your Physics models cannot therefore be related to our reality, they can only be figments of your imagination.

Finding a major new coupling of mathematics with observations is worth a Nobel Prize in Physics.

Without mathematical skills, your belief that you are reasoning in the field of Physics can only be a delusion. Since this is a computer language forum, I can only advise you to restrict your topics to another form of mathematics, namely programming computers in FreeBASIC.
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

then your model is clearly unreal.
We can't forget that some of the rules of physics are unwritten for that very reason, so we don't know what they are.

~Kiyote!

CERN just measured the weight of dark matter.
Richard

Post by Richard »

kiyotewolf wrote:some of the rules of physics are unwritten
Then they cannot be rules of Physics.

Judge. “Particle 1, you are accused of transgressing an unwritten rule of Physics. How do you plead?”
Particle. “Would the prosecution please specify the rule that I have allegedly transgressed.”
Judge. “The prosecution cannot be expected to specify or identify an unwritten rule.”
Particle. “Then as I am ignorant of all undiscovered rules, I must plead guilty.”
Judge. “Ignorance is not an excuse. Are there any extenuating circumstances?”
Particle. “As a particle I must behave in a particular way, that IS the way of particle Physics. For that reason the rule of Physics that I have allegedly transgressed must be invalid under the constitution of Science.”
Judge. “That is something you will have to take up with a higher court.”
Judge. “Guilty as charged.”
Once imprisoned, the enraged particle became so excited that it passed, as a photon, cleanly through both slits in it's cell door. It is now wanted throughout the Universe on charges of escape from custody and interference.
Last edited by Richard on Jul 31, 2011 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

Also, with quantum entanglement, every particle is really two favored outcomes and two less favored outcomes.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Since the Laws of Physics apply everywhere, this charged particle will now never be at rest.
In this case I think we can wave goodbye to this particle, good luck fellows, that wot I say.
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

That is not a lost cause there still is absolute zero the desire for particles to be as close to inactive as they can get.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Hi Rollie~
I've had a look at the site you indicated and indeed I see your work in prominence.
To the users of your GUI the elegance of your project in itself will satisfy them, but know they not of the work you performed in obtaining the interface in a language which is forever yearning a regular GUI.

In answer to a question I posed a while back, I asked what "The paths of glory lead but to the grave" had in common with your link to a musical episode.
The common factor is pogues, your band was the pogues, and my quotation comes from Thomas Gray's (Elegy written in a country churchyard), the churchyard having been in Stoke Poges near London.
This may seem a weak link, but when I see the word pog~ anything I am reminded on an encounter.

Many years ago I was driving North from Southampton, and, when approaching London, the signpost Stoge Poges threw itself up in front of me with a great arrow pointing off the dual carriageway in the direction of the hamlet.
In split second decision I decided to depart the main route North and follow the arrow to Stoke Poges.
I soon was within the village boundary and set about looking for the old churchyard.
I drove here and there with no success, and at one point in my search found myself driving up a lane lined on either side with Black Poplar trees, those made well known by J.Constable in his paintings.
I quickly then found myself within the bowels of a very posh golf course for I had traversed the entrance gate without realising and was fast approaching the club house.
I speedily circum-navigated the club and made my exit back up the aforementioned lane.
After more futile searching for the churchyard I finally drew up at the local pub which was called The Rose.
The landlord drew me a pint of fine old English ale, and I took the opportunity of asking him the whereabouts of the churchyard.
He informed me that it was long gone and had made way for the housing estate I had just driven through.
The poem Thomas Gray wrote starts with the two lines:

"The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
The lowing herd wind slowly o'er the lee"

I thus asked the landlord the location of the lee, suggesting that surely this hadn't been built over as well.
'No no' he replied, the lee survived the building frenzy, it is now the golf course.
I resumed my journey North, sadder and wiser.
rolliebollocks

Post by rolliebollocks »

Hi Rollie~
I've had a look at the site you indicated and indeed I see your work in prominence.
To the users of your GUI the elegance of your project in itself will satisfy them, but know they not of the work you performed in obtaining the interface in a language which is forever yearning a regular GUI.
I will eventually switch the GUI over to Gtk and do linux builds too. I'm thinking about attaching Clasp as a backend so you can save words to variables. I can easily add a noun-phrase verb phrase sentence generator and other things. There's more stuff that I want to do with it. It's a never ending project.
In answer to a question I posed a while back, I asked what "The paths of glory lead but to the grave" had in common with your link to a musical episode.
The common factor is pogues, your band was the pogues, and my quotation comes from Thomas Gray's (Elegy written in a country churchyard), the churchyard having been in Stoke Poges near London.
This may seem a weak link, but when I see the word pog~ anything I am reminded on an encounter.
Yeah, I couldn't figure it out then, and now that you explain it to me, I don't think that I ever would have.
I thus asked the landlord the location of the lee, suggesting that surely this hadn't been built over as well.
'No no' he replied, the lee survived the building frenzy, it is now the golf course.
I resumed my journey North, sadder and wiser.
It's a lot harder to write an elegy on a golfcourse than it is in churchyard, I imagine. Although, according to popular culture, more people die on golfcourses than any other sporting field, including boxing rings and the like.
albert

Post by albert »

@Richard, I'm trying to write a program to show attraction/repulsion..

If two particles collide,with smaller particles in between, the smaller particles get pinched out spinning, the faster spinning ones circle the tightest and so on to the slowest spinning, which arc the farthest.

The fastest spinning ones circling the tightest, bump the expanding larger ones and force them back together, and also return to the point of collision before the two larger ones recollide. The fastest spinning ones are traveling faster then light and therefore have enough force to force the larger ones back together..

The various spin speeds create different arcs (orbits) which also allow for coherent light.

Whats your thought on this???
kiyotewolf

Post by kiyotewolf »

The various spin speeds create different arcs (orbits) which also allow for coherent light.

Whats your thought on this???
CERN just measured the weight of dark energy, dark matter, or anti-positrons, I can't remember what the news of TODAY said from CERN, but they need to be careful to not excite a particle of dark energy because measuring is all they should be able to do without bending the rules, if they indeed excite a particle of dark energy I think we will see a cosmic bolt of lighting.

Kiki Artificial Holmlund
C/O.
~Kiyote!

Want to hear KikiAI sing, if you're needing a bit of relaxation, start off your audio at zero and raise the volume gradually, and go to this anime cosplay website where a song is hosted, and listen.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6125673/