New community ezine! BASIC Gamer - A FB/QB64/QB games mag

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Lachie Dazdarian

New community ezine! BASIC Gamer - A FB/QB64/QB games mag

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Hello everyone!

Happy to introduce the first issue of my FB/QB64/QB games dedicated ezine.

The magazine speaks for itself. Read my Message from the Editor for info on my intentions and mission with the ezine.

Website: http://games.freebasic.net/BASICGaming/ ... index.html
Download: http://games.freebasic.net/BASICGaming/ ... Issue1.zip (42.5 MB)

Thank you for reading and your support!
Last edited by Lachie Dazdarian on Nov 05, 2011 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

O_O...

April 1st?

Armageddon?

No! It's Lachie Dazdarian, (who I always envisioned looking something like the main character from Poxie,) with a new e-zine focused on the BASIC programming community!

[Feedback follows]

Time has indeed passed fast. Hopes have died down, but are still quietly breathing. Maybe a few more years of patience is all it takes :P

Throw me in the bundle of people getting into commercial, non-game-related programming. It hampers creativity by putting a market-value on my time. Because of that, after cost-benefit analysis takes place, hobbyist development hardly ever seems worth it.

But that's why I'd like to take the experience I'm gaining now and directing it toward professional/hobby development. Being effective and efficient, creatively.

No telling whether that will occur in FreeBASIC, C++, C#, Java, Flash or JavaScript. Most of my work nowadays is done on pen and paper, so I avoid wasting months in development only to find that my idea was bound to fail from the start.
angros47

Post by angros47 »

Wow! I like the idea!

I'm sorry to see that OpenB3D is not listed in 3d engines :-(
rdc

Post by rdc »

Excellent magazine. Great work on this. And HOH isn't dead. :)
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

I read more of your zine #1 than what I usually read from anything (unless it's technical information)
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

Im glad that there are still webmasters out there who thinks accessibility on the back of their mind Fonts are large, and graphics everywhere . I have no complain though well thought of site.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

rook, come again?
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

I believe he's complimenting you for your large fonts and graphics, which assist with accessibility.
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

Precisely! I dont like compliments especially misunderstood ones.
Destructosoft

Post by Destructosoft »

Thanks for putting my game in your gallery; I feel honored. Now I have to get off my posterior and finish v1.1 so it can be played better.
oog

Post by oog »

What a wonderful magazine it is - congratulations. I like the way how the programs are presented, with screenshots and individual text of description. I hope, you go on with the good work. It's an interesting snapshot of actual projects and sure will be a joy, when after some time we can take a look back.

I was really surprised, that my little train simulator is presented within the first issue, what a honor.