relsoft...

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Dr_D

relsoft...

Post by Dr_D »

Has anyone heard from him? I have been pretty out of touch... with everyone. I was wondering if anyone around here has heard from him since that typhoon hit.
badmrbox

Re: relsoft...

Post by badmrbox »

Haven't seen anything from him since Lachie's contest. I really hope he is allright.
v1ctor
Site Admin

Post by v1ctor »

badmrbox wrote:Haven't seen anything from him since Lachie's contest. I really hope he is allright.
Me too :/
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

I summon the Four Forces of the Wind!

(I haven't heard from you much, either, Dr_D. Or v1ctor, for that matter. What happened to being in gmail more often?)
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

I'm a corporate drone now. Sorry...
sir_mud

Post by sir_mud »

And my Axe!
AGS

Post by AGS »

Dr_D wrote:Has anyone heard from him? I have been pretty out of touch... with everyone. I was wondering if anyone around here has heard from him since that typhoon hit.
I don't know how recent that typhoon hit but I found relsoft software dated
21 October 2013. He has moved on to Java (the programming language, not
the island). It would be interesting to port one of his Java games to FreeBASIC :)

The person I am writing about is called Richard Eric M. Lope (Relsoft)
and I found his most recent software at http://rel.phatcode.net/junk.php
(game is called hangvaders).
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

AGS wrote:
Dr_D wrote:Has anyone heard from him? I have been pretty out of touch... with everyone. I was wondering if anyone around here has heard from him since that typhoon hit.
I don't know how recent that typhoon hit but I found relsoft software dated
21 October 2013. He has moved on to Java (the programming language, not
the island). It would be interesting to port one of his Java games to FreeBASIC :)

The person I am writing about is called Richard Eric M. Lope (Relsoft)
and I found his most recent software at http://rel.phatcode.net/junk.php
(game is called hangvaders).
That's his site.
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

I am from philippines too as with relsoft and recently contacted him through sms and cellphone call and his phone is down. My mother was from that island province too but she was able to contact our relatives so I was wondering what happened. Maybe the towers of cell sites are still down, Maybe the power on rey's area are still down. Hopefully those services will be restored so that we can hear from him then. Merry christmas everyone especially those who cared.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Merry Christmas to you too, roook_ph. I hope you can swiftly return to normal life. I'm slightly confused on your reply though. If I'm reading it correctly, I understand that you attempted to contact him and were unable to get through? Or am I wrong and you actually talked with him? At any rate, thanks for trying and Merry Christmas again! :)
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

I have never talked to relsoft since the typhoon and we were not affected by the typhoon , it only lashes on that province here.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

=[
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

Thanks for the concern guys!

I'm alive and well. My family is fine too.

My car was wrecked, house was partially damaged, electronics are mostly busted. But hey, those can be replaced.

The electricity just came back(some parts of my village still don't have electricity). Spent like 2 weeks eating canned sardines.

The area I live was hit badly (we were in the eye of the typhoon for like an hour * 2). Fortunately the beach I live is facing the wrong way so we were not hit by storm surges. About 20 or so people died where I live (mostly hit by fallen trees.) My car and house was hit by a fallen tree itself.

One good thing that happened after the typhoon was that the people here became really close and would help anyone in need without compensation. I myself donated some stuff to the adjacent town.

Spending more than a month without electricity is really bad. LOL

BTW, I get free Facebook now until Jan 25 so you could contact me there if you want. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/anyatherese.lope

Can you guys post your FB account so that I could add you? Missed you guys!
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

BTW, the cellsites here still uses diesel generators to get power and sometimes there's no signal. ;*(

BTW, Happy New Year!

Spent Christmas at my folks (100 miles away) since they were not hit much and they had electricity at that time.
angros47

Post by angros47 »

I'm really happy you are alive! I wish you a happy new year, and a good Epiphany