GemHunter - Freebasic game (Preview)

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
DeNivra

GemHunter - Freebasic game (Preview)

Post by DeNivra »

GemHunter

My third submission. Scrolling game similar to Boulderdash. Uses fbsound. Download the game with sourcecode from here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xw4P ... sp=sharing

The game is currently in development. It is playable but not completed yet.
Till then enjoy the game. Do send in comments.
BasicCoder2

Re: GemHunter - Freebasic game (Preview)

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Another nice polished demo of your ability to use FreeBasic to write a computer game. The hard part with a Boulderdash game I guess is working out interesting and challenging arrangements of block types for each of the games. I could imagine a really hard game would be where there was only one solution (set of moves) possible without trapping the miner or a gem.
DeNivra

Post by DeNivra »

@ BasicCoder2 . thanks for the feedback.
The hard part ... is working out interesting and challenging arrangements of block types for each of the games. I could imagine a really hard game would be where there was only one solution ...
Designing a single solution is more hard for maps of large size. Currently I just have some random maps for testing. Some easy some hard to solve. The 8th game is real tricky on the right side end.
Boromir

Post by Boromir »

Wow! The Style reminds me of QB Wetspot. Maybe someday you could make it use two players like wetspot. Its looking great and I'm looking forward to the full version.
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

Do you have any screenshots around to show us DeNivra?