FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.5.5)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:Found another issue:
If using a project, and us the "Run Debug" option, it will try to run a program with the name of the project, not the name of the EXE.

I also have a feature request:
Can you make the editor save the EOL character in the settings? I use the Windows settings, but it defaults to Unix after opening. If I could set a line ending and have it stay on opening the editor, that would be nice. Or, maybe make a way to choose the default from the Preferences.
The issue occur at open a project but without open any documents, "Run Debug" will run the ProjectName.exe, not TargetName.exe, am I right?

If yes......

All done( include feature request) at V0.169
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Kuan Hsu wrote:
Imortis wrote:...
The issue occur at open a project but without open any documents, "Run Debug" will run the ProjectName.exe, not TargetName.exe, am I right?
If there is no target name specified, you will still get the same problem.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:If there is no target name specified, you will still get the same problem.
PoseidonFB will pass -x "TargetName.exe" or -x "ProjectName.exe"( when TargetName = null ) to build project, so does "Run Debug"( poseidonFB will search TargetName.exe or ProjectName.exe then call gdb "SomethingName.exe" )
Imortis

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.5.10)

Post by Imortis »

Ah! That makes sense. The problem I was having was I was using the "Compile File" option instead of the "Build Project" option. Now I get it.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.5.25)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Dear All:

I've upload poseidonFB for linux32 and linux64 versions, I've tested at Linuxmint 17.3 64bit & Lubuntu 16.04 32bit & Linuxlite 2.8 32bit

Unfortunately, the linux versions now can't support GDB, but it seems to more stable than windows one( because of an autocomplete crash bug, it never happen at linux ), please try and test them and tell me if there are bugs or not, thanks~~~^^
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.4.20)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

aurelVZAB wrote:
maybe I can rewrite the code using FreeBasic, but it will slow down the speed of developing this IDE
that is in fact excellent idea...maybe you can rewrite one of older versions ,i mean simplier and of course with
code parser which i found looking excellent...
I also think that you will have less problems with FB version because there is no need for C++ runtimes...
OR if you dont have time ..do you can rewrite just code parser as very good example i think
that have such a parser in FB would be great to have .
I've translated the parser code using freeBASIC, please see http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=24740
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.6.13)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

I've added an experimental feature -- ParseLive! at V0.189

If the feature is turn on, poseidonFB will parse single line text after any key press, then update to AST tree, so we can "dim" a new variable(s), and use the autocompletion( new variable name will add the autocomplete list automatically ) without refresh the parser

Note: I don't want to update the outline tree for every ParseLive! step(slow down the speed), use "Refresh Parser" to update outline tree.
Note: The new feature will edit(add / delete) the AST node, maybe crash the IDE
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Can you add compiler command line and run command line such as in FBIDE?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:Can you add compiler command line and run command line such as in FBIDE?
Single File: Right-click the toolbar(Quick Run, Compiler, Run), see Quick tutorial(2)

Project: Click "Project" menu -> "Properties..." -> set "Compiler Opts" and "Execute Args"
ur_naz

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.6.18)

Post by ur_naz »

Single File: Right-click the toolbar(Quick Run, Compiler, Run)
Oh, this is ninja style! I expected to find it in Preference dialog, but I couldn't...
Can you add mairgin line and "Show margin line" option in Preference dialog?
Poseidon seems very promising too many things are missing for now.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.6.18)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:
Can you add mairgin line and "Show margin line" option in Preference dialog?
I'm not sure what is "margin line"? Maybe indentation guide?
St_W

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.6.22)

Post by St_W »

I don't know what ur_naz meant, but usually editors provide the option to display a right margin line to limit line length. That's not a hard limit, but just a visualization of the recommended maximum line length. The default setting is usually 80 characters.

IMHO the concept of maximum line lengths is outdated nowadays. I remember that a hard limit of 80 characters per line existed (and probably still exists) in OS/360 and z/OS on IBM Mainframes e.g. in JCL. The limit probably dates back to the early days of computers.

See for further reference:
http://programmers.stackexchange.com/qu ... code-width
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5780 ... code-width
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1109 ... -in-a-code
marcov

Post by marcov »

While not a hard limit, the number of chars that are visible without scrolling is still a fixed number.
St_W

Post by St_W »

marcov wrote:While not a hard limit, the number of chars that are visible without scrolling is still a fixed number.
I wouldn't call it "fixed" as it depends on so much things, like:
- screen size and resolution; number of screens
- the editor / IDE (how large its editor window is); user's IDE / editor window layout settings
- the font and font size
- OS dpi settings
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

ur_naz wrote:Can you add mairgin line and "Show margin line" option in Preference dialog?
Poseidon seems very promising too many things are missing for now.
St_W wrote:I don't know what ur_naz meant, but usually editors provide the option to display a right margin line to limit line length. That's not a hard limit, but just a visualization of the recommended maximum line length. The default setting is usually 80 characters.

IMHO the concept of maximum line lengths is outdated nowadays. I remember that a hard limit of 80 characters per line existed (and probably still exists) in OS/360 and z/OS on IBM Mainframes e.g. in JCL. The limit probably dates back to the early days of computers.
I'll add at next release.

...Done at V0.193