FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2024.03.03)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
c-sanchez

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.7.27)

Post by c-sanchez »

Hi Kuan Hsu, i like see poseidonFB that is still in development, but i don't like really the syntax color scheme, well, ie the keywords i think is bad sorted.

I guess normally the functions have a same color, the datatype another, and i think the conditions can be the same like function or other, and so on.
Things like do loop, for next, print, etc, imho are really weird.

https://s6.postimg.org/ucllol641/poseidon_FB_colors.png
https://s6.postimg.org/cntuwyucx/wx_FBE_colors.png
https://s6.postimg.org/jfk9ztjch/fb_IDE_colors.png
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

c-sanchez wrote:Hi Kuan Hsu, i like see poseidonFB that is still in development, but i don't like really the syntax color scheme, well, ie the keywords i think is bad sorted.

I guess normally the functions have a same color, the datatype another, and i think the conditions can be the same like function or other, and so on.
Things like do loop, for next, print, etc, imho are really weird.
Dear c-sanchez:
Options -> Preference -> KeyWords, then you can set your personal version.....^^
aurelVZAB

Post by aurelVZAB »

Nice to see that you still working on IDE - i like it
Imortis

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.14)

Post by Imortis »

Making a new project on the latest version (V0.206) is adding weird text to the end of the Path string when I browse for it:

If I Click the OK button, I get a message box that Says "ERROR".

EDIT:
Also, because poseidonFB uses it's own directory as the working directoy, I cannot use a windows RC file with a relative path. I would think that a project should be using it's own folder as the working directory.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote:Making a new project on the latest version (V0.206) is adding weird text to the end of the Path string when I browse for it:

If I Click the OK button, I get a message box that Says "ERROR".

EDIT:
Also, because poseidonFB uses it's own directory as the working directoy, I cannot use a windows RC file with a relative path. I would think that a project should be using it's own folder as the working directory.
It's my mistake, it's a typical D string convert to C string issue,I will fix it

The working dir issue, I believe I've fixed the issue before, I will check what's wrong……
c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez »

Dear c-sanchez:
Options -> Preference -> KeyWords, then you can set your personal version.....^^
Yeah, i commented this only because i think the default settings can be better, although maybe is only my view point hehe.

Another couple of details, yeah small details :P

I see a bit weird the borders on poseidonFB, also without this borders you can get a bit more of space.
By ex. when you hide the outline :)

Intead set a default size for line numbers, why not make this adjust automatically according to the number of lines?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Kuan Hsu wrote:It's my mistake, it's a typical D string convert to C string issue,I will fix it

The working dir issue, I believe I've fixed the issue before, I will check what's wrong……
Dear Imortis:
1. Please try V0.207, it should be OK
2. Please add your *.rc to "Others" folder at project tree, then re-build the project
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

c-sanchez wrote:I see a bit weird the borders on poseidonFB, also without this borders you can get a bit more of space.
By ex. when you hide the outline :)
Done at V0.207
c-sanchez wrote:Intead set a default size for line numbers, why not make this adjust automatically according to the number of lines?
HAHA, I like the original style...... :-P
Imortis

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.17)

Post by Imortis »

@Kuan Hsu:

I still get this:

Error!
Line 3 of Resource Script (C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/My Game.RC):-
Could not find file:-
Res/game.ico

The Resource file looks like this:

Code: Select all

#define IDR_VERSION1 1

100 ICON DISCARDABLE "Res/game.ico"

IDR_VERSION1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 1,0,0,0
PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,0
FILEOS 0x00000004
FILETYPE 0x00000000
BEGIN
  BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
  BEGIN
    BLOCK "FFFF0000"
    BEGIN
      VALUE "FileVersion", "1.0.0.0\0"
      VALUE "ProductVersion", "1.0.0.0\0"
      VALUE "CompanyName", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "FileDescription", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "InternalName", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "LegalCopyright", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "LegalTrademarks", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "OriginalFilename", "xywh Game Engine\0"
      VALUE "ProductName", "xywh Game Engine\0"
    END
  END
  BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
  BEGIN
    VALUE "Translation", 0xFFFF, 0x0000
  END
END
The RC file is using a relative path, but because the compiler is not being run from the same folder as the .rc it is not finding the path. Is it not possible to have the IDE change to the path of the source code, then run the compiler command? That would fix the issue, and it would also make the compile line change from something like this:

"C:/fbc/fbc.exe" -x "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Publish/Game.exe" -b "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/My Game.bas" "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/My Game.rc" -i "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Inc" -p "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Lib" -s gui

to something like this:

"C:/fbc/fbc.exe" -x "Publish/Game.exe" -b "My Game.bas" "My Game.rc" -i "Inc" -p "Lib" -s gui
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.17)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

Imortis wrote: The RC file is using a relative path, but because the compiler is not being run from the same folder as the .rc it is not finding the path. Is it not possible to have the IDE change to the path of the source code, then run the compiler command? That would fix the issue, and it would also make the compile line change from something like this:

"C:/fbc/fbc.exe" -x "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Publish/Game.exe" -b "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/My Game.bas" "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/My Game.rc" -i "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Inc" -p "C:/xywhsoft-xywh-Game-Engine-master/Test Game/Lib" -s gui

to something like this:

"C:/fbc/fbc.exe" -x "Publish/Game.exe" -b "My Game.bas" "My Game.rc" -i "Inc" -p "Lib" -s gui
I got understand finally, and the issue just I lost one line code -- to set the work dir of process.......><
Please try V0.208, thanks~~
Imortis

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.18)

Post by Imortis »

Works fine. Thanks.
c-sanchez

Post by c-sanchez »

Done at V0.207
Nice! thanks by this visual improvement :D
Anyway sorry if i'm annoying you much, but... a bit more about the border lines hehe.
I still thinking this can be look better with less borders :P
Check this:
What you think? :)

Btw i'm traying change some xpm icons, but this is not showed correctly one time edited and saved, i'm try editing the newfile.xpm on Greenfish Icon Editor Pro and Junior Icon Editor.
But i notice a detail.
When the icon file size is upper than original this looks so:
and when the icon file size is lower, looks so:

So then, is poseidonFB considering the icon file size?
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

c-sanchez wrote:Nice! thanks by this visual improvement :D
Anyway sorry if i'm annoying you much, but... a bit more about the border lines hehe.
I still thinking this can be look better with less borders :P

What you think? :)
Hmm, it looks nice, I will try to change at next version.
c-sanchez wrote:Btw i'm traying change some xpm icons, but this is not showed correctly one time edited and saved, i'm try editing the newfile.xpm on Greenfish Icon Editor Pro and Junior Icon Editor.
But i notice a detail.

So then, is poseidonFB considering the icon file size?
PoseidonFB load xpm image for scintilla using, and convert to IupImage format for IUP using.
Because of my lazy, the xpm reader and convert code is limit the image format = 16x16 8 colors(Not 8-bit color, is 8 colors)
kcvinu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.21)

Post by kcvinu »

Hi @Kuan Hsu,
Thanks for this nice IDE.
Can you implement an auto complete of end keywords like "End If, Wend, Next" ?
And I can't select a gui project from new project option window. There is no such option in that combo.

And an off-topic question. How good is D the language. Basically i am not interested in C type syntax. But when i see the syntax of Pike language, i really started loving that syntax. I have heard that D is an alternative to C and C++ to a purticular context.
Kuan Hsu

Re: FreeBasic IDE-poseidonFB(Update 2016.8.21)

Post by Kuan Hsu »

kcvinu wrote:Hi @Kuan Hsu,
Thanks for this nice IDE.
Can you implement an auto complete of end keywords like "End If, Wend, Next" ?
And I can't select a gui project from new project option window. There is no such option in that combo.

And an off-topic question. How good is D the language. Basically i am not interested in C type syntax. But when i see the syntax of Pike language, i really started loving that syntax. I have heard that D is an alternative to C and C++ to a purticular context.
Options -> Preference -> Editor -> check "Auto Insert Block End"
It had already support sub, function, property, constructor, destructor, if, with, select, namespace, type, union, extern, operator, enum, scope
I will try to add for..next & do..loop & while..wend

The combo is only send the option to compiler, ex. "Static Library" is "-lib", "Dynamic Link library" is "-dylib" without any template.
We can set the project properties -> Compiler Opt -> -s gui, to hide the console window

I use D V1.0 with Tango which had already stopped develop at 2012.12.31, I don't konw how good is, but I think it has some advantage:
1. Very fast compile and link speed, build poseidonFB project just 1 sec on my computer
2. Use dynamic memory is very easy and built-in associative array
3. Char type is UTF-8
4. Basically is C type syntax, easy to learn if we already konw C(C++)
5. Easy to use and link to C library
6. http://digitalmars.com/d/1.0/comparison.html
Above are about D 1.0, D 2.0? I don't know.......................................

Check it, maybe you will like it......^^