lack of response

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
srvaldez

lack of response

Post by srvaldez »

I don't know about you, but I find the lack of a courtesy response to an answer a severe turn-off to answer anyone asking for help, you answer someone's question and there's not so much as a cricket's chirp, also talented people are staying silent for the lack of participation and silently moving away. :-(
I commend fxm, for the continual support, even though little appreciation is shown.
sancho2

Re: lack of response

Post by sancho2 »

Which thread/s are you referring to?
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

I try personally to answer politely to any unanswerd thread I find (at least after a while), even doing a researsh in case the answer is already in the forum (even to point out something beyond my understanding if I think it will help). But I guess fxm is doing the big work, in particular for the depth of the answers rapported to their frequency, incredibly focused on the true mechanisms and then very useful. I also think there is no blame trying to say a polite hello to a newcomer and to leave him ask whatever he likes to (we all have different reasons for using freebasic).
But I guess we'll have more frequentation on holidays (winter for example).
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

sancho2 wrote:Which thread/s are you referring to?
To me it's obviously: "Getting PLAY to Work in FreeBasic".
srvaldez wrote:I don't know about you, but I find the lack of a courtesy response to an answer a severe turn-off to answer anyone asking for help, you answer someone's question and there's not so much as a cricket's chirp, also talented people are staying silent for the lack of participation and silently moving away. :-( ...I commend fxm, for the continual support, even though little appreciation is shown.
This is largely due to:
  • The OP (original poster) is simply trying to "bulls..t" everyone here.
Proof of concept: carefully re-read and then interpret, what is really written (the true meaning of it).

Just a small excerpt:
"a couple of years ago ..." --- "I'll be getting there" <==> he's had his "couple of years" and is still NOT there ...
and: a lot more "along those lines".

Simply put "unbelievable from A to Z", aka: pure, simple and straight out: 100% crap.
aurelVZAB

Post by aurelVZAB »

heh...
this is not case just here than almost on any basic or programming forum..
people simply dont have real enthusiasm or interest for programming ...
most of hobby programmers doing just copy - paste code without understanding what is what
and how things work...
well what to say else ...i dont use FreeBasic very much but just when i need something what
interest me ...so i am not expert to unswer on some specific questions
Stonemonkey

Post by Stonemonkey »

MrSwiss wrote:
sancho2 wrote:Which thread/s are you referring to?
To me it's obviously: "Getting PLAY to Work in FreeBasic".
srvaldez wrote:I don't know about you, but I find the lack of a courtesy response to an answer a severe turn-off to answer anyone asking for help, you answer someone's question and there's not so much as a cricket's chirp, also talented people are staying silent for the lack of participation and silently moving away. :-( ...I commend fxm, for the continual support, even though little appreciation is shown.
This is largely due to:
  • The OP (original poster) is simply trying to "bulls..t" everyone here.
Proof of concept: carefully re-read and then interpret, what is really written (the true meaning of it).

Just a small excerpt:
"a couple of years ago ..." --- "I'll be getting there" <==> he's had his "couple of years" and is still NOT there ...
and: a lot more "along those lines".

Simply put "unbelievable from A to Z", aka: pure, simple and straight out: 100% crap.
Then there's people telling posters they're wrong!
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Stonemonkey wrote:Then there's people telling posters they're wrong!
You don't get it. The question here is: "why didn't anybody answer?"
Nothing to do with: "is it right/wrong".
sancho2

Post by sancho2 »

It can't be the "PLAY" thread srvaldez is talking about.
First of all srvaldez input in that thread is minimal. He is basically adding info and not really asking for a reply.
Secondly he has not waited very long from that thread to this one. Not even a full day. Some people are not on this forum daily.

In the end the OP of the "PLAY" thread was active and explained himself, and I can see no BS over there.

Perhaps srvaldez is having a "too much wine" moment like I had on another thread. There should be a breathalyzer coupled to the submit button.
MichaelW

Post by MichaelW »

I think in some cases the problem is that the OP is one of the majority of humans not suited for programming, and so cannot understand the answer well enough to recognize it as such :)
Stonemonkey

Post by Stonemonkey »

MrSwiss wrote:
Stonemonkey wrote:Then there's people telling posters they're wrong!
You don't get it. The question here is: "why didn't anybody answer?"
Nothing to do with: "is it right/wrong".
The attitude in posts like 'you don't get it' and 'you're wrong' could stop people posting.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Stonemonkey wrote:The attitude in posts like 'you don't get it' and 'you're wrong' could stop people posting.
So could yours ...
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

Like in real life, I think that being polite under all circumstances is mandatory. Programming can induce a lot of headash so bad humor can really not add a benefit. I'm quite sure that if unanswered questions are a little sad (if we like keeping things on green status), it's anyway always better than throwing a bunch of fragmentation grenades at the questionner.
Stonemonkey

Post by Stonemonkey »

MrSwiss wrote:
Stonemonkey wrote:The attitude in posts like 'you don't get it' and 'you're wrong' could stop people posting.
So could yours ...
I'm all ears. If I've done anything to offend or belittle anyone or anything else I'd like to know
sancho2

Post by sancho2 »

Maybe srvaldez is just trolling us.
It has been a few days and he has not responded to his own thread.
Sneaky.
aurelVZAB

Post by aurelVZAB »

It has been a few days and he has not responded to his own thread.
that tell's everything ...i really doubt that he is a real FB user