Is there an online collection of languages implemented in FB?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
figosdev

Is there an online collection of languages implemented in FB?

Post by figosdev »

I've read of at least one or two mini-languages that were implemented in FreeBasic, and there are probably some links here on the forum. Please feel free to reply with one if there's one you like or want to recommend.

If there's a page online with links to languages written in FB (originally in FB or in addition to other implementations) that would be even better.
Lothar Schirm

Re: Is there an online collection of languages implemented in FB?

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Search for "interpreter" in this forum, for example: http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopi ... nterpreter
figosdev

Re: Is there an online collection of languages implemented in FB?

Post by figosdev »

Lothar Schirm wrote:Search for "interpreter" in this forum, for example:
I was going to get to that, but I did want to know if there was a site because... there are FB sites for a number of things, especially collections. Hey, 8 pages of results-- not too shabby!

I used to think interpreters were easier to write, because they often are (for the simplest languages at least) and because "otherwise you would need to know ASM or machine code." (Nope.)

Now I think-- if you're adding a "full" feature set-- a source-to-source compiler (or transpiler) is the easiest thing to write. It gives you a full HLL you can compile to, is increasingly common anyway, plus the number of platform targets will match the number for the language you transpile to.