does anyone can advice me about a good working gui builder?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
bob_mnl

does anyone can advice me about a good working gui builder?

Post by bob_mnl »

I was trying to make something with firefly.but i can not make anything use full with it.
( what i tried to do was to build a form with 2 text boxes, if you changew the text in one box the text in the other box should change to.
Does any one know a good useable gui builder?
BasicCoder2

Re: does anyone can advice me about a good working gui builder?

Post by BasicCoder2 »

@bob_mnl
It must be disheartening not to get any responses? Maybe no one uses Firefly?
I don't know if there is any other useable gui builder for a gui library as is part of Visual Basic programming environment.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

still in early stage but maybe give JK-IDE a try https://jk-ide.jimdo.com it includes a visual designer
Paul Squires is working hard on an IDE with a visual designer https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

just tried JK-IDE and while you can create a form with controls e.g. a TextBox there does not seem to be an easy way to add methods for different events like in VB, however, I understand that Paul Squires WinFBE will.
you can build a GUI in FB without too much effort using libWindow9 viewtopic.php?p=245588#p245588
example Calculator viewtopic.php?p=160004#p160004
aside from that and waiting on WinFBE, Lazarus + FreePascal works very much like VB except of course the language is Pascal instead of Basic.
bob_mnl

Post by bob_mnl »

Thank you for you answers!!
I found very recently a file on this forum or freebasic-portal.de i believe, wingui12.zip with some good program examples how to make an
gui without a gui builder. for the moment it has all what i need.