Problems with downloading from Sourceforge

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
h4tt3n

Problems with downloading from Sourceforge

Post by h4tt3n »

Hello folks,

For quite a while I have had notorious problems when dl'ing FB from sorceforge. I am using Win 10 + Chrome. This goes for the following files:

FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64.zip
FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64.7z
FreeBASIC-1.07.1-win64-gcc-8.1.0.zip

The top file will dl but never finish, and can't be opened. THe rest won't start dl'ing.

Have you experienced anything similar? Is something wrong, or am I not doing it right?

Cheers, Mike
MrSwiss

Re: Problems with downloading from Sourceforge

Post by MrSwiss »

Hi Mike,

Have you tried with another browser, e.g. FireFox ?
If the automatic dl fails, click the link to manually start dl.
badidea

Post by badidea »

No problems with the downloads here, but Sourceforge does seem slower then usual.

I don't like the site, but it is free, so guess we will have to live give the nonsense stuff like:
"Thank you for downloading FreeBASIC Compiler", "Spread the Word: (twitter), (facebook), (linkedin)", "Keep Me Updated!", "Get FreeBASIC Compiler updates, sponsored content from our select partners and more.", "Subscribe", "Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.", "Sign Up", bla bla bla.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

badidea wrote:...
I don't like the site, but it is free
Neither do I. GitHub is also free, and support releases, and you don't have to deal with all the crap you describe to get the stuff you want. So:

@admins: any chance you'll finally drop SourceForge in the dumpster where it belongs, and start using GitHub to host releases?
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

I installed the latest FB this morning, and SF behaved badly: the "your download will start in n seconds" message appeared three times until it finally started. Crappy ads all over the place, of course.
marcov

Post by marcov »

sf.net has a mirror selection system that you can set yourself. If one mirror behaves bad, choose another.