hello..... i'm new with many questions

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
veltesian

hello..... i'm new with many questions

Post by veltesian »

hello everyone i'm new to free basic. i'm currently using winFBE v2.17 (x64)......
this version of freebasic apparently lets a person build GUI forms & such.
i was wondering about how can i add functionality to controls i placed within a form
this is a GUI project i started to see how i could build it if possible. i had only a
few years experience in coding in VB6 the code below does not quite look like that.
on this virtual form i had placed a command button & a textbox. i want to know how
can i get the command button to affect the textbox.... if the text box could be conditioned
to display only text or if it could be persuaded to display numeric data??? if that does not
sound too silly.

the only subroutine within the code window is as follows below:

Function Form1_Btn1_MouseDown( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
Function = 0 <------- do i put my custom code here instead of leaving it to say "function =0"
End Function

with this code above.....
srvaldez

Re: hello..... i'm new with many questions

Post by srvaldez »

Hi veltesian, welcome to the forum
Text boxes only contain text so you will need to convert the number to string, something like

Code: Select all

Function Form1_Btn1_MouseDown( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
	Form1.Text1.Text = Str(Sin(1))
	Function = 0 'leave it as is
End Function
I would have chosen MouseClick event instead of MouseDown also I suggest that you join Paul's Forum https://www.planetsquires.com/protect/forum/ you will be better served at Paul's Forum with questions regarding WinFBE but you are welcome to post your FreeBasic questions here
I am not skilled in using WinFBE, I am a novice myself but I clobbered up an RPN calculator with it.
veltesian

Post by veltesian »

thanks very much srvaldez.... its much appreciated though i might definitely need to figure a few other things out,
& i'll humbly appreciate more help from you or anyone else that could assist me in understanding the programming code.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

you are welcome :-)