FBIDE on Wine

Linux specific questions.
unknown

FBIDE on Wine

Post by unknown »

Has anyone ever ran FBIDE, for Windows, on Wine? I'm hoping this can be done. It would be conveinant for a crossplatform project of mine. If so, how did you manage this? Everytime I try to compile, FB freezes.
r0ot

Post by r0ot »

i think soon you will not need that i make my ide and i will upload to net soon it's run in mono and dotnet i will think this will be soon ;)

AmR EiSa
unknown

Post by unknown »

Yes. That project does sound interesting, Root. However, I need the Windows FB as well. I am working on a crossplatform project. I would like to develop the Windows and Linux versions side by side.
Sterling Christensen

Post by Sterling Christensen »

It kinda runs in wine, but downloading the cvs source code and compiling it yourself on Linux works better - just a few quirks.
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

unknown wrote:I am working on a crossplatform project. I would like to develop the Windows and Linux versions side by side.
I do it for FBSound too and my solution is QEMU with XP SP2 and an USB stick to share any source file between Win and Lin.
QEMU (with kernel module kqemu) is so mutch faster than BOCHS i can play short movies in the emulation.

Joshy

click to enlarge.
unknown

Post by unknown »

Yes. What a clever idea D.J.Peters. Thank you.
petryk

Wine

Post by petryk »

You try vim rather :)