VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 9:46 In VB6 there is the Debug.Print statement, which displays the data in the immediate window
For example...

Debug.Print 2+2 & " " & "MyString"

I see that VisualFBEditor has the immediate window, but I don't know how to write data to it.
Added: Compiling programs with _DebugWindow_ define:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... f7532b5414

Changed: DebugPrint to Debug.Print, Added: Printing with Debug.Print to Debug Window, Added: Setting SelStart and SelEnd methods of TextBox in Constructor:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 0664d5e9e3

Now you can try the new changes. For this you can use this bat file: https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... stions.bat
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: May 08, 2022 8:39
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 9:46 In VB6 there is the Debug.Print statement, which displays the data in the immediate window
For example...

Debug.Print 2+2 & " " & "MyString"

I see that VisualFBEditor has the immediate window, but I don't know how to write data to it.
Added: Compiling programs with _DebugWindow_ define:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... f7532b5414

Changed: DebugPrint to Debug.Print, Added: Printing with Debug.Print to Debug Window, Added: Setting SelStart and SelEnd methods of TextBox in Constructor:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 0664d5e9e3

Now you can try the new changes. For this you can use this bat file: https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... stions.bat

Hello Xusinboy !!!!

Thank you very much for adding Debug.Print, I see that you have also added Debug.Clear, which is very useful to clean the window every time we need.

Debug.Clear was not in VB6, you had to select everything and delete it by hand, which was not practical at all.

I have seen it in the codes of GitHub !!!!

Well, I'll wait for you to release this new version, and I'm sure I'm one of the first 10 to download it !!! :D :D :D

Greetings from Spain, and have a good Sunday!!!!!
Avata

Post by Avata »

I like the debug mode like the same as VB6 also. I can trace the debug infomation for each line in souce code windows.
Avata

Post by Avata »

The image size was limited to 16X16 on toolbar? How can I showing 32X32 image on toolbar when working on High DPI screen.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Avata wrote: May 13, 2022 3:32 The image size was limited to 16X16 on toolbar? How can I showing 32X32 image on toolbar when working on High DPI screen.
Nothing needs to be changed with this fix, the ImageList stretches the image itself.
Fixed: ImageList High DPI:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... e7d39e3fff

In an ImageList you can set the ImageWidth and ImageHeight property to 32.
Avata

Post by Avata »

Maybe the image quality will be good if the image size stretches from 32X32 to 16X16. The best way is the software fit the DPI and automatical resize meaning Toolbars should also have the same appearance even the screen has a diffrent DPI.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Avata wrote: May 14, 2022 2:03 Maybe the image quality will be good if the image size stretches from 32X32 to 16X16.
To do this, we need to find 32x32 png files, ImageList itself compresses.
Avata wrote: May 14, 2022 2:03 The best way is the software fit the DPI and automatical resize meaning Toolbars should also have the same appearance even the screen has a diffrent DPI.
This option works too. To do this, we need to set the ImageWidth and ImageHeight of the ImageList to 32 or 16 depending on the High DPI.
Avata

Post by Avata »

Having the same appearance even the screen has a diffrent DPI after fix the Scale on toolbar now. It was pass through compiled. The boolbar can be resize automaticly. but the image on the Menu still as before but it is good could shou diffrent size image.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Hello to all the forum.
found 2 bugs in VisualFBEditor (Windows XP).

1- The menu Help -> About blocks/hangs the IDE.

2- This error is not very important. In the forms or controls, when wanting to change the color, for example BackColor, when the color palettes window is opened, it shows transparent color in the empty areas of the window, as if you were taking a screenshot of the background. The window to change the font works fine.

And then a suggestion, I don't know if it's because of Windows XP.
The mouse wheel does not scroll in the components window, but if you do it in the projects window, code and others.

Thanks and greetings to all the forum!
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Avata wrote: May 14, 2022 7:32 Having the same appearance even the screen has a diffrent DPI after fix the Scale on toolbar now. It was pass through compiled. The boolbar can be resize automaticly. but the image on the Menu still as before but it is good could shou diffrent size image.
Fixed: Size of Menu images on High DPI:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 3a6d490c69

Improved: Set Images to Menu from ImageList:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... f42de9875c
Tolo68 wrote: May 14, 2022 16:42 Hello to all the forum.
found 2 bugs in VisualFBEditor (Windows XP).

1- The menu Help -> About blocks/hangs the IDE.

2- This error is not very important. In the forms or controls, when wanting to change the color, for example BackColor, when the color palettes window is opened, it shows transparent color in the empty areas of the window, as if you were taking a screenshot of the background. The window to change the font works fine.

And then a suggestion, I don't know if it's because of Windows XP.
The mouse wheel does not scroll in the components window, but if you do it in the projects window, code and others.

Thanks and greetings to all the forum!
I have to check with Windows XP.
Avata

Post by Avata »

Good job. Now Code color schemes can be easily set. KeyWords, Strings, Operator, Properties, Components,Namespaces,Types , Enums....Who can tell me how to get those from VSCode?
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Hello!!

I'm using VisualFBEditor.
I wanted to modify some controls of the library MyFBFramework.
The other day I did tests adding some property and method, but some of them did not go well for me.

What are the steps to follow after modifying the files .bas and .bi ??? I have to compile them???

If someone can explain it to me I would appreciate it, I am interested in learning it so that I can later create new controls.

Thank you very much to all!!!!
Greetings
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 Hello!!
Hi.
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 I wanted to modify some controls of the library MyFBFramework.
The other day I did tests adding some property and method, but some of them did not go well for me.
What were the problems?
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 What are the steps to follow after modifying the files .bas and .bi ??? I have to compile them???
After changing these files, you need to compile mff.bi.
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 If someone can explain it to me I would appreciate it, I am interested in learning it so that I can later create new controls.
You need to add new control to the mff.bi file in three places (#include, CreateControl, DeleteComponent).
Then you need to compile mff.bi.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: May 16, 2022 15:06
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 Hello!!
Hi.
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 I wanted to modify some controls of the library MyFBFramework.
What were the problems?
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 What are the steps to follow after modifying the files .bas and .bi ??? I have to compile them???
After changing these files, you need to compile mff.bi.
Tolo68 wrote: May 16, 2022 14:48 If someone can explain it to me I would appreciate it, I am interested in learning it so that I can later create new controls.
You need to add new control to the mff.bi file in three places (#include, CreateControl, DeleteComponent).
Then you need to compile mff.bi.
Hello Xusinboy !!!!!

I don't really have a problem with the controls, but in VB6 I made some multimedia OCX controls, and maybe I'll adapt them so they can be used with VisualFBEditor.

That's why I first want to use some simple one that is in this framework (like the Timer or the TextBox) , add test properties to it, and then compile it. Once it works for me, I'll try to adapt mine to be able to use them with your wonderful IDE.

I am also making a website on Electronics and Programming, in which I will put examples with FreeBasic, and I will put a link so that they can download your IDE, since it is one of the best I have seen as an alternative to VB6.

Well, when I can I try that of the controls.

Greetings and have a nice day!!!!
Take care.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Another mention. To compile the library, just open MyFbFramework.vfp and click on compile on the IDE (If there are other open projects or files, you need to Set as Start Up before compiling).