VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Coolman

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Coolman »

oyster wrote: Aug 07, 2022 15:53
Coolman wrote: Aug 05, 2022 16:38 yes. i hadn't noticed. sorry. i will continue to study raylib which has an unrestricted license.
well, thank you for reminding me of the GPL license of VisualFBEditor/mff, which will absolutely drive me run away from VisualFBEditor/mff.
hello. no matter how good a development software is, it is very important to check the license before investing time in using and learning it. this is what i always do.
Avata

Post by Avata »

the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or simply GPL) is a series of widely used free software licenses that guarantee end users the four freedoms to run, study, share, and modify the software.
Historically, the GPL license family has been one of the most popular software licenses in the free and open-source software domain. Prominent free software programs licensed under the GPL include the Linux kernel and the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC).

Software under the GPL may be run for all purposes, including commercial purposes and even as a tool for creating proprietary software, such as when using GPL-licensed compilers.Users or companies who distribute GPL-licensed works (e.g. software), may charge a fee for copies or give them free of charge. This distinguishes the GPL from shareware software licenses that allow copying for personal use but prohibit the commercial distribution or proprietary licenses where copying is prohibited by copyright law. The FSF argues that freedom-respecting free software should also not restrict commercial use and distribution (including redistribution):

In purely private (or internal) use—with no sales and no distribution—the software code may be modified and parts reused without requiring the source code to be released. For sales or distribution, the entire source code needs to be made available to end users, including any code changes and additions—in that case, copyleft is applied to ensure that end users retain the freedoms defined above.

So which licenses is better for you?
flaviofornazier

Post by flaviofornazier »

Avata wrote: Aug 09, 2022 11:17 the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or simply GPL) is a series of widely used free software licenses that guarantee end users the four freedoms to run, study, share, and modify the software.
Historically, the GPL license family has been one of the most popular software licenses in the free and open-source software domain. Prominent free software programs licensed under the GPL include the Linux kernel and the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC).

Software under the GPL may be run for all purposes, including commercial purposes and even as a tool for creating proprietary software, such as when using GPL-licensed compilers.Users or companies who distribute GPL-licensed works (e.g. software), may charge a fee for copies or give them free of charge. This distinguishes the GPL from shareware software licenses that allow copying for personal use but prohibit the commercial distribution or proprietary licenses where copying is prohibited by copyright law. The FSF argues that freedom-respecting free software should also not restrict commercial use and distribution (including redistribution):

In purely private (or internal) use—with no sales and no distribution—the software code may be modified and parts reused without requiring the source code to be released. For sales or distribution, the entire source code needs to be made available to end users, including any code changes and additions—in that case, copyleft is applied to ensure that end users retain the freedoms defined above.

So which licenses is better for you?
Mr.Avata,

Changing the subject, tabulation between controls in MDIChild forms are working fine for you?
I don't know if was a good idea explore MDIForms...

Thank you in advanced. =)
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 09, 2022 22:58 Mr.Avata,

Changing the subject, tabulation between controls in MDIChild forms are working fine for you?

Added: OnActivate and OnDeActivate events to MDI Child, Fixed: Tab on MDI Child:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 089573ab22
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 10, 2022 2:59
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 09, 2022 22:58 Mr.Avata,

Added: OnActivate and OnDeActivate events to MDI Child, Fixed: Tab on MDI Child:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 089573ab22
Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Thank you for your efforts. =)

I know that's a hard task but I'm still looking forward to a database palette.

Please give us as a gift to speed up testing.

Thank you in advanced.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 3:16 Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Thank you in advanced.
You can test:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... ls/SQLite3
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 10, 2022 4:05
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 3:16 Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Thank you in advanced.
You can test:
Mr.Bekchanov,

I'm sorry for annoy you... some special instruction? Directory structure has changed?

As usual I've executed "download and compile" bat file and set up the compiler.
Components and form disappeared from designer and compiler does not recognize
mff framework. Well, now I'm lost cause I tried the installation procedures many
times, so I don't have last stable version. ;(

Thank you in advanced.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 18:59 Mr.Bekchanov,

I'm sorry for annoy you... some special instruction? Directory structure has changed?
Yes. With the advent of SQLite3Component, the IDE has become multi-component. Therefore, MyFbFramework has been moved to the Controls folder and is listed in this location in the default settings.
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 18:59 As usual I've executed "download and compile" bat file and set up the compiler.
mff framework. Well, now I'm lost cause I tried the installation procedures many

Thank you in advanced.
I have updated the bat files:
Changed: Downlod and Compile files for new folder structure:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... d44968d0bf

Thank you too. You help test and find bugs.
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 1:31
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 18:59 Mr.Bekchanov,

Yes. With the advent of SQLite3Component, the IDE has become multi-component. Therefore, MyFbFramework has been moved to the Controls folder and is listed in this location in the default settings.
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 10, 2022 18:59 As usual I've executed "download and compile" bat file and set up the compiler.

Thank you in advanced.
I have updated the bat files:
Changed: Downlod and Compile files for new folder structure:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... d44968d0bf

Thank you too. You help test and find bugs.
Mr.Bekchanov,

Both installers are working fine on Windows x86/64.
Please just drag SQLite component onto a form, compile and you will get the error:

D:\VisualFBEditor\Compilers\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win32\ld.exe: cannot find -lsqlite3"

Any suggestion?

Thank you. =)
Xusinboy Bekchanov

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:28 Mr.Bekchanov,

Please just drag SQLite component onto a form, compile and you will get the error:

D:\VisualFBEditor\Compilers\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win32\ld.exe: cannot find -lsqlite3"

Any suggestion?

Thank you. =)
There are four variants of the sqlite3 library in this folder:
(or in the Controls/SQLite3 folder on your drive).

libsqlite3_x32.a - for static linking (for 32-bit programs)
libsqlite3_x64.a - for static linking (for 64-bit programs)
sqlite3_x32.dll - for dynamic linking (for 32-bit programs)
sqlite3_x64.dll - for dynamic linking (for 64-bit programs)

You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name libsqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll

In the static version, the library will be included in the resulting executable file.
In the dynamic version, you have to drag the dll along with the exe file.
Last edited by Xusinboy Bekchanov on Aug 11, 2022 6:07, edited 1 time in total.
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:28 Mr.Bekchanov,

Any suggestion?

Thank you. =)
There are four variants of the sqlite3 library in this folder:
(or in the Controls/SQLite3 folder on your drive).

libsqlite3_x32.a - for static linking (for 32-bit programs)
libsqlite3_x64.a - for static linking (for 64-bit programs)
sqlite3_x32.dll - for dynamic linking (for 32-bit programs)
sqlite3_x64.dll - for dynamic linking (for 64-bit programs)

You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name sqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll

In the static version, the library will be included in the resulting executable file.
In the dynamic version, you have to drag the dll along with the exe file.
Mr.Bekchanov,

Ooops! I'm sorry! My bad! 1:59am here and, you know, many languages and databases at the same time,
but now I believe that I can test all components much faster.

Thank you! =)
Xusinboy Bekchanov

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 11, 2022 5:00
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46 You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name sqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll
I missed the word "lib". Changed the original post.
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46 You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name libsqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 6:09
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 11, 2022 5:00
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46 You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name sqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll
I missed the word "lib". Changed the original post.
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46 You should copy one of these libraries to the folder you need (for example, the Projects folder if you save the program in this folder) with the name libsqlite3.a or sqlite3.dll
Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Could you help me just one more time?

What kind of datatype is expected as second parameter in SQLiteComponent "AddItem" and "Insert" methods?
I've tried everything, e.g., Brazilian national anthem... just kidding... lol!

Thank you again!

PS: I know that I can solve anything with "Exec" but I have to check all methods.
Last edited by flaviofornazier on Aug 12, 2022 4:56, edited 1 time in total.
oyster

Post by oyster »

Avata wrote: Aug 09, 2022 11:17 So which licenses is better for you?
a license which does not ask the developer to open his source even for commercial usage.
marcov

Post by marcov »

oyster wrote: Aug 12, 2022 2:32
Avata wrote: Aug 09, 2022 11:17 So which licenses is better for you?
a license which does not ask the developer to open his source even for commercial usage.
Using an editor with GPL to edit your source won't do that. GPL is a linking license, if you don't link to it, it doesn't apply.