windows 10 with msys2 (bash, xterm)
anyone else seen any symptoms like this?
- no output at all if I'm at the bottom of the screen.
- if there's enough output so that it needs to scroll, I see a flash of text going by, and only the last lines of output are displayed.
- the line with the command [$ fbc --help ] will remain at the top of the screen instead of scrolling [ using screen commands ? ]
- this happens not only with my own apps, but with the fbc64 command (fbc64 --help, for instance).
- output is correct with bash scripts, python or any other program...
- HOWEVER, calling fbc64.exe --help from windows console (cmd.exe) works correctly.
there is a hack for this, btw, you can pipe to another program, like cat or less:
Code: Select all
$ fbc --help |less $ ./myprogram.exe | cat
do you use msys2 or bash under windows? have you experienced this?
or do you have any suggestion I can use with my own console programs?