LibZip libraries and include files

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
andykmv

LibZip libraries and include files

Post by andykmv »

[edited]
hi all,

I am working on some code to scan my filesystems for .zip files and create an index of the zip files, their location and all files contained within along with key attributes including date, time, size & CRC-32 value. LibZip looks like the ideal library to use to query the content of the .zip files, however i am also looking for other alternatives.

For now i am trying to find LibZip 32bit & 64bit libraries, dll and bi file for a version of that will work with freebasic 1.10.

i have been working my way thru posts here and found various links to older releases, & I did find a LibZip set of libraries and dll for version 1.2, and a zip.bi for version 1.3, but most of the links i found either no longer work or point to incomplete sets, and I have been searching the net but not having much luck.

The sample code with the v1.2 files compiles ok but i am getting an error "could not open file file with long name and umlauts A_A-AceAY.txt in archive test.zip", but none of the files in any of my test zips have filenames with umlauts so i am assuming i have a mismatched set of libs and include, or dependency issues, so i am not asking for debug help with that.

Instead, i would like to obtain a consistent/compatible set of the files for the same version of the libraries, include file, and dll for 64 bit (and 32 bit). Can anyone please point me to where i can find a workable set of the libzip.a, libzipdll.a & the libzip dll with matching zip.bi or, share a working set ?

Also, any suggestions for workable alternatives to LibZip for which library, include and dll files are available for freebasic use ?

In the meantime i have started to try & get my head around cmake to attempt to build a set of libraries, but this will take me quite a while!
srvaldez

Re: LibZip libraries and include files

Post by srvaldez »

hello andykmv :)
here's the latest libzip https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... e7XQOPNqAX
it includes the latest bi and two very simple examples
andykmv

Post by andykmv »

@srvaldez, you're a champion! many thanks :D

in the meantime i have been investigating compiling libzip, zlib, zstd and see what i can get. so far i have installed cygwin ,visual studio 2022, cmake (did a little reading on cmake tutorials to start getting my head around cmake list files) and managed to cmake each, then built each with visual studio, and found an example in libzip (zipcmp.c & diff_output.c etc) that produced the type of output i wanted (a list of files per zip, with size and CRC) so i have been modifying the c code for that to tinker with the stdout output formatting with some success.

i would like to learn what i need to be able to produce the files you have provided, ie how to generate the .a and .dll.a files, and the dlls themselves, and its early days for me. BI files i have a general grasp of converting simple headers to bi, but larger more complex headers like zip.bi for libzip would be an epic slog!

for now though, time to start tinkering with those new files, many thanks! :D :D
andykmv

Post by andykmv »

srvaldez wrote: Sep 29, 2023 1:21 hello andykmv :)
here's the latest libzip https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... e7XQOPNqAX
it includes the latest bi and two very simple examples
files downloaded 8)
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

andykmv
to make the import lib look at this post viewtopic.php?p=292174&hilit=dlltool#p292174
for the bi file generation I use FBfrog https://github.com/dkl/fbfrog , quite often you will need to edit the generated bi to get it working
andykmv

Post by andykmv »

srvaldez wrote: Oct 01, 2023 0:08 andykmv
to make the import lib look at this post viewtopic.php?p=292174&hilit=dlltool#p292174
for the bi file generation I use FBfrog https://github.com/dkl/fbfrog , quite often you will need to edit the generated bi to get it working
many thanks again, have had a quick read of both and looks like i'll have to make some time to fully digest these resources :D
thrive4

Post by thrive4 »

Also wanted to extend a hearty thanks to 'srvaldez'
for sharing the libzip dlls (windows 32bit / 64bit)
with us.

I've made a small util which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?t=32413