WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PeterHu

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

Post by PeterHu »

Recently github is unreachable at my side.May I ask is there any backup source for the most updates of the VinFBE Editor and Framework?

Thanks a lot.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

Post by PaulSquires »

PeterHu wrote: Sep 05, 2023 12:50 Recently github is unreachable at my side.May I ask is there any backup source for the most updates of the VinFBE Editor and Framework?
Sorry, GitHub is the only place where I upload files/updates.
andykmv

Post by andykmv »

Hi! i am having an odd issue withe the 3.1.- release i am using (and it could be just me that is odd!)
i did a search here and couldnt find a related issue/bug/feature

when i have my project open, with edit window, files pane to the left and open files as tabs above, and i am using the laptop with a separate mouse (bluetooth, and i do so as my belly gets in the way of the touch pad :lol: ) i click in the text edit window where i want to make some changes, but if the mouse slides (gravity) or i bump the mouse a little, the edit window cursor is lost and the text tha i am banging away at gets lost as it appears the mouse has moved the text insert focus to the files pane to the left, or the menus above etc, so i have to re-orient the mouse, click to get the cursor again and retype my text.

is this a feature that i can turn off ? i am hoping so as when i click in the edit window, i want the cursor position/i beam to remain in the current file edit window....
ThePunkMaister

Post by ThePunkMaister »

The GUI doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 10
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

ThePunkMaister wrote: Nov 02, 2023 3:13 The GUI doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 10
It is.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

andykmv wrote: Oct 27, 2023 7:27 ...i click in the text edit window where i want to make some changes, but if the mouse slides (gravity) or i bump the mouse a little, the edit window cursor is lost and the text tha i am banging away at gets lost as it appears the mouse has moved the text insert focus to the files pane to the left, or the menus above etc, so i have to re-orient the mouse, click to get the cursor again and retype my text.
That is interesting and I have never noticed that before. If you put the input focus to the edit window and then move the mouse to hover over WinFBE's top menu, then typing any text will NOT put that text into the edit window. Strange. I must have some filter set on mouse hover over the main menu.
ThePunkMaister

Post by ThePunkMaister »

PaulSquires wrote: Nov 02, 2023 9:24
ThePunkMaister wrote: Nov 02, 2023 3:13 The GUI doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 10
It is.
Well whenever I try to run the GUI by creating a new project the whole thing crashes and returns to Windows every time.🤷🏾‍♂️
NorbyDroid

Post by NorbyDroid »

There is a bug in WinFBE that has been present in FB Edit as well.

Take this Example:

Code: Select all

For t as Integer=1 to 10: Print "Howdy": Next
Normally it is split up into multiple lines, but here it is all one line.

Press Enter before the first colon and you get this:

For t as Integer=1 to 10

Next
: Print "Howdy": Next
It doesn't recognize the code that is already there and the Next after the next colon.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this gremlin, so I thought I would post it.
Tonigau

Post by Tonigau »

NorbyDroid wrote: Nov 14, 2023 22:57 There is a bug in WinFBE that has been present in FB Edit as well.

Take this Example:

For t as Integer=1 to 10

Next
It doesn't recognize the code that is already there and the Next after the next colon.

Are you pressing enter mid line to make it a multi line If...Next ?
(that's when it gets me)
I usually remember to put the mating Next on a following line first, either way we still have to edit .(delete a Next & Colons)
NorbyDroid

Post by NorbyDroid »

Tonigau wrote: Nov 15, 2023 1:14
NorbyDroid wrote: Nov 14, 2023 22:57 There is a bug in WinFBE that has been present in FB Edit as well.

Take this Example:

For t as Integer=1 to 10

Next

Are you pressing enter mid line to make it a multi line If...Next ?
(that's when it gets me)
I usually remember to put the mating Next on a following line first, either way we still have to edit .(delete a Next & Colons)
Correct and if ya happen to hit enter while on the for line another Next is created.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

how to freebasic do like vb6 ?
new form1,new form2?
form1.frm

Option Explicit
Dim F2a As New Form2, F2b As New Form2
Private Sub Command1_Click()
F2a.Show
F2b.Show

F2a.Form2_abc = 11
F2b.Form2_abc = 22
F2a.Caption = "Form2_a"
F2b.Caption = "Form2_b"

MsgBox F2a.Form2_abc
MsgBox F2b.Form2_abc

End Sub
form2.frm

Public Form2_abc As Long
Public Sub Form2_Test()
    MsgBox "it's form2 Test"
End Sub
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I have a small request. We are all getting older and I know my eyes are not what they were when I was younger. I increased the type size in the main editing window (thank you for that option). However, I would like to have all the windows like the compiler results window and the compiler log file also use the larger type size. All windows if possible would be excellent.

Thank you for your work.

By the way, while I have you on the line, years ago I reported a bug in the automatic indention of the Else(IF) statement in certain cases (I included a sample of the misbehaving code). I think it has to do with using a one-line if statement in a nested stack of IFs ie: If a = 0 then Exit Sub. Any chance that bug will ever be fixed? It is quite annoying to be typing and when you look at the screen later see the indention all wrong and you have to break your stream of thought to fix the original error and the subsequent code that is now wrong. And if you hit RETURN on the line the indentation you just fixed it goes all bad again.

Thank you for all you have done.

Wally
freniram

Post by freniram »

I dont know if you got the answer, but having the same problem, I searched every file in the source directory (WinFBE_Suite\sourcecode\src) for "Segoe" font and change the font size. Recompile and that was all.
Paul, I've been using your IDEs for many years, and love FF, but I understand that things must go on. I've read some of the IDE code and it's impresive. Also understand that you wouldnt have much free time, but perhaps you could point me how and where I could include custom controls to WinFBE.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: Jan 21, 2024 19:48 I have a small request. We are all getting older and I know my eyes are not what they were when I was younger. I increased the type size in the main editing window (thank you for that option). However, I would like to have all the windows like the compiler results window and the compiler log file also use the larger type size. All windows if possible would be excellent.
Thanks, I have added this request to my to-do features list. Hopefully I can implement something.
By the way, while I have you on the line, years ago I reported a bug in the automatic indention of the Else(IF) statement in certain cases (I included a sample of the misbehaving code). I think it has to do with using a one-line if statement in a nested stack of IFs ie: If a = 0 then Exit Sub. Any chance that bug will ever be fixed? It is quite annoying to be typing and when you look at the screen later see the indention all wrong and you have to break your stream of thought to fix the original error and the subsequent code that is now wrong. And if you hit RETURN on the line the indentation you just fixed it goes all bad again.
I already have this one on my list. I need to re-work that whole algorithm.

I hope to get back to WinFBE soon. I've been working a few other projects.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

freniram wrote: Mar 04, 2024 20:10 ...but perhaps you could point me how and where I could include custom controls to WinFBE.
WinFBE does not have a concept like the FireFly Custom Controls. Sorry. :cry: