FreeBasic Coding Help For Hire

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
chjmartin2

FreeBasic Coding Help For Hire

Post by chjmartin2 »

Hi,

I have been an avid Freebasic user for at least 15 years. I write a lot of programs to help with my retro-computing hobby. Anyway, I make a lot of converters, programs that prepare images to be displayed on an old computer. Most recently I made a converter that takes a 160x100 BMP file and converts it to a 4-color image ROM file that runs on a Bally Astrocade. Anyway, I have only ever made text interfaces to allow the changing of settings to optimize the image and make adjustments. Anyway, I know that I can use Freebasic to make a true Windows application. Sadly, I am a bad programmer. I get the job done, but I prefer FB Lite. The only part of Windows I really have used is the Open File Dialog window.

I am using WinFBE and have tried muddling through using the integrated Forms editor. I have gotten it to work somewhat but really keep getting stuck and Google searching has let me down. I could go ahead and ask for help on here as issues come up, which is fine, but I am looking for a coach. Anybody willing to give help/advice/code for hire? I have to un-learn all of my bad habits (like using goto, not using subroutines, not programming functions, copy-pasting code, not dimensioning variables, no clue how to use pointers, etc.) I want to do that because I want to make really cool windows apps to share my tools. Bottom line, if you'd like to be my paid coach and have experience making windows apps please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris