WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
deltarho[1859]

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

Post by deltarho[1859] »

wallyg wrote:We are all getting older and I know my eyes are not what they were when I was younger.

Same here.

I cannot help regarding WinFBE log file and so on, but there is a setting in Windows 10 which you may find helpful.

Settings>Ease of Access>Display

At the top is a slider — I have mine set to 125%.

Windows title bars, menus, drop-down menus, right click context menus, message box text, desktop icon text, file lists in Windows Explorer and many other applications are all larger.

Even the text in our posts are larger and the text as I write this.

Here is a right click context menu in TextPad.
and a message box

Ok, we are only going from 8 point to 10 point, but it makes a world of difference for me. 8 point is a struggle for me nowadays.

Perhaps you are already using this. If not, give it a whirl. You won't go back to 100%. :)
freniram

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

Post by freniram »

Only myopic people can read these days text on displays. Oh God, well not sure if I could say it here, but there are free utilities to change windows' font size, menus, icons, etc. And you can find it in Aerowin site and advchangefont in wintools.info. It's a general trouble for every app no matters the OS. Higher resolution, smaller letters. Just DO NOT modify "System Font" or you'll loose Explorer Search functionality.
freniram

Post by freniram »

PaulSquires wrote: Mar 04, 2024 23:21 WinFBE does not have a concept like the FireFly Custom Controls. Sorry. :cry:
Uff It's a pitty because I had the hope it could be after founding CTRL_CUSTOM while studying in the source code and thought I could include one myself. The problem is that the picturebox control has a problem (for me) with the hot functionality and would rather use the Jose Rocas GraphCtx control in WinFBE instead of the ImageCtx (fonts and persistence, for example). Could you think of including it in future releases?
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

You can still use Jose Rocas GraphCtx control in WinFBE by directly #INCLUDE'ing it in your code. Granted, you lose the ability to drag and drop as a visual designer control but at least you still have access to being use the control and modify its code however you see fit.
freniram

Post by freniram »

PaulSquires wrote: Mar 05, 2024 11:08 You can still use Jose Rocas GraphCtx control in WinFBE by directly #INCLUDE'ing it in your code. Granted, you lose the ability to drag and drop as a visual designer control but at least you still have access to being use the control and modify its code however you see fit.
Ahhh, I see. I will try it. I'd read a José Roca's post where he explained that you could have the VD or the old good SDK programming way to do it, and understood that couldnt be together. Thank you. Let's give it a try.
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I have finally used the symbol for the split screen at the top right of the edit window. It works fine, thank you for this option. But I was wondering if it was possible for the upper and lower screens to not use the same file. I would like the top screen to be one file (containing the type definition) and the lower screen to be the file that contains the Constructor/Function/Sub/Property code. If I have missed how to do that, I am sorry but how?

Wally
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: Apr 11, 2024 22:58 ...I would like the top screen to be one file (containing the type definition) and the lower screen to be the file that contains the Constructor/Function/Sub/Property code. If I have missed how to do that, I am sorry but how?
Sorry Wally, that is not possible. The split functionality only splits the current file's buffer. It can not display different buffers from different files.