Deleting .exe file when compiling.

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Peter_G

Deleting .exe file when compiling.

Post by Peter_G »

I often experience a very frustrating error when recompiling after editing. System refuses to delete the current ".exe" file before creating a new one - it reports it doesn't have permission to do so!!
If I display the file using Explorer I can delete it from there and then proceed with a compilation. Annoyingly the problem is not always present after a reload of FBide, but eventually reappears permanently. Still using good old Win7 on a Dell E6530. Any ideas on configuring either FBide or Win7 security to get rid of the problem for good?
hhr

Re: Deleting .exe file when compiling.

Post by hhr »

I have this problem with FBEdit. That's why I don't use FBEdit. I get along wonderfully with FBIde. FBIde does not have this problem for me.
Peter_G

Post by Peter_G »

I'm using FBide!! Maybe I should try FBedit. Perhaps S*ds law at work again!!
hhr

Post by hhr »

I have tried to reproduce the problem I had with FBEdit, but have not succeeded.
At the moment FBIde and FBEdit are working fine on my computer.
I am also using Windows 7.
badidea

Post by badidea »

You might be fighting the virus-scanner. Compiling and running on my linux laptop is nearly instantly, at work my windows also terrible experience, especially with 32-bit code, that is suspicious by default for Microsoft.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

Indeed, most likely an AV issue. Might be worth tell the AV to make an exception of the folder where the executable created during a 'Quick run' is located.